IGNORED

Why such expectancy..?

PFree

14 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

No one expects us to turn teams over. Had we drew 0-0 yesterday with a fairly solid defensive performance….I’d argue that was signs of improvement 

Same here. Although going forward we seem to have carried on from the last 10-12 games from last season which is good, the defending still looks awful at times.

I’m getting fed up of people making out like we have got a squad of players that are not good enough for this level. You’re brainwashed .

Easily good enough.

Where as they may not be a top 6 or even a top 10squad, this manager and the coaches SHOULD be getting far more out of them 

In terms of defending, I agree with that. 

We have just bought in Luton’s player of the year and already we have turned him into an absolute liability . Now….if that’s because he isn’t being played in the right role….then who’s fault is that??

After seeing all pre-season games and the first two league games, I'm unconvinced that he is any better than what we had. A lot of shouting, clapping, and pointing, and some really good long passing/distribution, but his defending is very suspect imo and he dwells too long on the ball for me (something I picked up on during pre-season). If he plays, it should be on the left where I think he'd be more comfortable. I don't think he played in the middle for Luton did he, mostly left CB or LB  ? If not, why is he doing so here, which means we seemingly have to play Vyner on the right. Alternatively, I think he would make an excellent shield in front of the back three. NP seems to have loaded him with a lot of responsibility based on one consistent season as a CB. Stick Klose in the middle - experienced ex-international CB. Kalas can't return quick enough as well imo. 

Even then, if we have a midfield that is over run as a two and unless NP adds another body(s) to midfield or a defensive shield as above, the defending will not improve imo. He's now committed to 3 at the back and wanting to fit in certain players so I can't see improvement happening unless he changes his mindset.

This team should be doing better. It just doesn’t seem to matter what personnel he starts with….it churns out the same results and the same performance  week in week out The same weak mentality 

I agree with the mentality bit, same players in the main.

He has had plenty of time. 18 months and 2 pre-seasons, and we look no better now then we did when he came in. 

I think we look a lot better, especially going forward - there were some lovely passages of play against Hull and Sunderland, but improvement in defending needs to be addressed as its draining mentally on the whole team.

He just isn’t cutting it 

?

What people don’t quite understand, that miracles are very rare in football.

What Pearson, Gould and Tinnion are doing behind the scenes is transformational for this football club. It will take time. It needs to become ingrained and become the culture of the club.

Whether we like it or not, we’ve had 20 years of mismanagement by the lord god our saviour Steve Lansdown. He has literally no clue how to run a football club. None. He’s chopped and changed several times, with no clear idea about how to WIN.

✅We still have no identity.

✅We still have no money.

✅We still have a squad of bit part, half decent Championship players.

✅We still have an eye watering wage bill.

I’ve been back in England for four years. Been to the gate about five or six times.

I don’t think the players have a winning mentality. So many freeloaders. It’s been like this since the early 90s. 

And that is what Pearson is trying to change. The culture is rotten. And reeks of complacency. This progress will be slow. And then super fast, I’m just curious when the tipping point will come?

Will it be this season, or post the next grand exodus this summer, or after Pearson goes?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

No one expects us to turn teams over. Had we drew 0-0 yesterday with a fairly solid defensive performance….I’d argue that was signs of improvement

I think both matches have been pretty even, yet we’ve come away with two defeats. That’s the reality.  Neither Hull or Sunderland were great, so the results were disappointing. But they were t horrific performances. Saturday wasn’t helped by an early error from Naismith.

I’m getting fed up of people making out like we have got a squad of players that are not good enough for this level. You’re brainwashed .

I don’t think many / any are saying it’s not good enough.  But it’s a squad that has little depth, and like a lot of sides with a star player or two out (Semenyo definitely, Kalas possibly, especially if it’s Kalas v Vyner), it feels weaker. That is where we are at.  It’s not like we were stuffed in either game. We had poor 20-25 mins spells in both second halves. We ended both games on top for the final 10-15 mins.  Yeah, I know we conceded a 93rd minute winner at Hull, but we were looking fine and creating at the other end.

Where as they may not be a top 6 or even a top 10squad, this manager and the coaches SHOULD be getting far more out of them

and you need to judge over longer than two games.

We have just bought in Luton’s player of the year and already we have turned him into an absolute liability . Now….if that’s because he isn’t being played in the right role….then who’s fault is that??

sorry, that’s horseshit Andy. He was very good last week v Hull, he was poor Saturday and made a big mistake.  He hasn’t turned into a bad player.  Talk about knee-jerk.

He played quite a bit as the central CB in a three last season at Luton fwiw.

This team should be doing better. It just doesn’t seem to matter what personnel he starts with….it churns out the same results and the same performance  week in week out The same weak mentality

As above if this extends to 5/6 games then you start to build a case…but not 2 games into a season.

He has had plenty of time. 18 months and 2 pre-seasons, and we look no better now then we did when he came in.

pre-season 1 was on the back of losing several players, we had to go backwards to go forwards last summer.  This season is the biggest millstone financially because the profit from 18/19 is no longer included. We are hamstrung.

At least give it half a dozen games to see a pattern emerging.

He just isn’t cutting it 

⬆️⬆️⬆️
I’m frustrated by the two results too.  

Edited by Davefevs

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️
I’m frustrated by the two results too.  

Thanks for the reply Dave. Always look forward to your responses pal 

I kind of understand where your coming from regarding only being 2 games again, but surely we cannot just forget the last 12 months. Especially when the first two games indicate we are carrying on from where we left off? 

• Like 1