IGNORED

View From the Back

Port Said Red

Nice. Someone just needs to Photoshop an extra tier on the Ayteo to make it look spectaculor.

When I sat in the Upper Lansdown for the England U21 game v Poland three of four years back, I kept thinking I was going to topple over and end up in the Lower Lansdown (I was a row from trhe back as well). It was a bit discombobulating to say the least,

23 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Nice. Someone just needs to Photoshop an extra tier on the Ayteo to make it look spectaculor.

When I sat in the Upper Lansdown for the England U21 game v Poland three of four years back, I kept thinking I was going to topple over and end up in the Lower Lansdown (I was a row from trhe back as well). It was a bit discombobulating to say the least,

I've been near the top of the Upper Lansdown and know what you mean, but have to say it's not as steep as some grounds. At Hillsborough back in 1999, I think, in the cup under Pulis, I was in the very back row and kept holding onto the back of the stand. I don't think it was until about 25 minutes of the match left that I let go of the thing and stopped feeling dizzy. It was so steep I kept feeling like I could easily fall to the tier below. I'm not one for those steep stands at all. 

• Like 4

My daughter and me don’t have a season ticket and go when we can and make a day of it . Bus into town then walk round the harbour or a boat across, a drink in the cottage, maybe the park for a while and meet friends for a few more drinks before the game. Covid stopped me Saturday so the Mrs took our girl and her mate and they enjoyed it despite the result! 
as my City supporting mate says, “ don’t let the football ruin a good day out “!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

North Street is great on a Day like Saturday. My MRs came over and we met a mate for late breakfast, when she nipped of to Clarks Village we popped up to the Lions, Luckwell, Masonic and Coopers, that was my exercise for the day ? I even got a lift home as she was coming back at the right time to pick me up from the Orchard. 

I've been in the top tier , all be it front row, for the Rugby. Brilliant view, though walking up the steps to get there is a killer.

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I've been near the top of the Upper Lansdown and know what you mean, but have to say it's not as steep as some grounds. At Hillsborough back in 1999, I think, in the cup under Pulis, I was in the very back row and kept holding onto the back of the stand. I don't think it was until about 25 minutes of the match left that I let go of the thing and stopped feeling dizzy. It was so steep I kept feeling like I could easily fall to the tier below. I'm not one for those steep stands at all. 

I was at the game, but must have been lower down as don’t have the same recollection as you, unless you were in a different part of the ground?

23 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was at the game, but must have been lower down as don’t have the same recollection as you, unless you were in a different part of the ground?

I was in the Leppings Lane End but very top row. I remember we came alive in the second half and probably deserved a draw but lost one nil. Danny Wilson was manager of Sheff Wednesday about a year before he took over at Ashton Gate. Wednesday were in the Premier League relegation zone and City in League One

I also caught a train . It was late so missed my favourite breakfast any where.  Went to 3 lions  . My first flag day.  Walked enemas to the ground.  Sat in my seat . The football did not spoil my day out . My son came home and we had a great day . Too many ciders to many hours waiting for trains . But a great day out

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

I was in the Leppings Lane End but very top row. I remember we came alive in the second half and probably deserved a draw but lost one nil. Danny Wilson was manager of Sheff Wednesday about a year before he took over at Ashton Gate. Wednesday were in the Premier League relegation zone and City in League One

I was in the same stand, pretty certain quite low down though. Don’t think it was a very big crowd, bit of snow around that day?

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I also caught a train . It was late so missed my favourite breakfast any where.  Went to 3 lions  . My first flag day.  Walked enemas to the ground.  Sat in my seat . The football did not spoil my day out . My son came home and we had a great day . Too many ciders to many hours waiting for trains . But a great day out

After your walking enema, are you sure you didn't shat in your seat?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was in the same stand, pretty certain quite low down though. Don’t think it was a very big crowd, bit of snow around that day?

Yes wish I had been lower down. Yes I think the attendance was something like 10,000 which looked pretty empty at Hillsborough and I remember getting absolutely soaked before getting on the coach for Sheffield.

• Robin 1