IGNORED

Luke Ayling

CheddarReds

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought at the time it was £750k, but since have heard that it was indeed £250k.  I thought £750k was way too low.  To find out it was £250k was tragic.

I thought he was classy, exactly the player we needed to keep hold of if we were pushing up the Championship.

I liked him, he was a fans' favourite because of his surging forward runs, but as he didn't fit in with the desired style of play he became a cost to be moved on.  The manager picks the team rather than the fans and he wasn't in it.

I'm delighted that he has done so well since but it wasn't obvious at the time that he would improve so much.

We bought him for buttons from Yeovil as he was out of contract so we did make a profit on him.

12 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Im lucky enough to have bumped into Luke a few times in one of my neighbourhood restaurants and once in my local CO-OP, Ive nothing but good things to say about him, a lovely guy and a top footballer. I remember grabbing hold of him at Bradford after securing promotion and telling him "you will be playing premier league one day lad", he was so easy to watch, taking the ball out of defence, time after time waltzing past players, he could defend as well! Well he's premier league now and where is Mr Johnson ......

One of the best ‘front foot’ , pro-active footballers I’ve seen in a red shirt

Always on the front foot , always looking to influence the game , and IMHO an excellent ‘footballer’

A fine player

• Like 2

On 12/08/2022 at 13:12, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hopefully, he will be remembered for this, rather than a childish incident a few years ago at Cheltenham races.

I will remember him for being  a top player in are double winning team and that Johnson got rid of him before he had chance to full fill his potential with us . 
Couldn’t care lees one way or another if it went to a pride event. 

• Like 1