IGNORED

Nige on SSN

Silvio Dante

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think that's exactly what NP is trying to achieve, all about weeding out the bad eggs or imbalance to enable building team spirit, unity and fight for each other. As much as I dislike Colin, that's the way he got his teams playing, the world is against us, so lets fight for each other.

Yep, to me those two comments about him , sort of sum up exactly how I see him , and his core strength

He’s very experienced , and his football knowledge and experience deeper than all of us put together , but I dont think he’s an ‘innovative’ coach or tactical genius , and said before but I think he’s a demander of standards , a TEAM builder , who focuses a lot on attitude and team togetherness

Sounds good to me and for our Club

Gary Johnson anyone .....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yep, to me those two comments about him , sort of sum up exactly how I see him , and his core strength

He’s very experienced , and his football knowledge and experience deeper than all of us put together , but I dont think he’s an ‘innovative’ coach or tactical genius , and said before but I think he’s a demander of standards , a TEAM builder , who focuses a lot on attitude and team togetherness

Sounds good to me and for our Club

Gary Johnson anyone .....

As a fanbase we tend to feel a bit better whilst playing the underdog role.

I think historically, as a fanbase we see ourselves as rightfully a middling Championship club - but would rather operate in that situation whilst feeling like an underdog.

The atmosphere is always better when we're an underdog. I think signing players for 7 figures regularly for that weird period from 2016-2020 was a real culture shock to our fans. Add to that having a new stadium and regular crowds of 20,000+.. it all felt a bit alien.

I look back on the Gary Johnson era (where we genuinely did feel like underdogs most weeks) as some of my favourite times watching City. 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Darren Bent just chatting to Jeff Stelling about Nigel comments 

Fair play to Bent , said he’s played for NP , that he’s dead straight , and that he’s seen some horror decisions not given for us / against us and backs up what NP had to say

You mean he commented on what Nigel actually said and on the facts? He may struggle for more gigs with Sky then.

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Fair play to Bent , said he’s played for NP , that he’s dead straight , and that he’s seen some horror decisions not given for us / against us and backs up what NP had to say

Does anyone have a clip of this?

17 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Does anyone have a clip of this?

Unfortunately I don’t - it was during the Saturday pre match build up

On a seperate but very relevant note

Burnley v Blackpool

Almost identical scenario to Tuesday night

Bad challenge from Carey , the Burnley player fouled then jumps up and pushes Carey in the back from behind , quite forcibly , pushing him over ,but not with the force Freeman used , and the usual pushing and shoving melee involving teammates ensues

Straight red for both

(Referee was Keith Stroud fwiw)

Consistency ehhhhhh

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Unfortunately I don’t - it was during the Saturday pre match build up

On a seperate but very relevant note

Burnley v Blackpool

Almost identical scenario to Tuesday night

Bad challenge from Carey , the Burnley player fouled then jumps up and pushes Carey in the back from behind , quite forcibly , pushing him over ,but not with the force Freeman used , and the usual pushing and shoving melee involving teammates ensues

Straight red for both

(Referee was Keith Stroud fwiw)

Consistency ehhhhhh

Maatsen’s was far worse than Freeman’s imho.  Not saying Freeman’s shouldn’t get a red, but Maatsen’s is awful.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maatsen’s was far worse than Freeman’s imho.  Not saying Freeman’s shouldn’t get a red, but Maatsen’s is awful.

Not for me Dave - the force , Carey’s stance at the moment he’s pushed meant a less impactive impact for me 

Just had another look at it to reconsider , but less violent IMHO

Good job we aren’t referees 

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not for me Dave - the force , Carey’s stance at the moment he’s pushed meant a less impactive impact for me 

Just had another look at it to reconsider , but less violent IMHO

Good job we aren’t referees 

Which camera angle have you see in at?  Behind Burnley goal, or cross-pitch.  The angle from behind Burnley goal was the one I saw on Sky just now.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Which camera angle have you see in at?  Behind Burnley goal, or cross-pitch.  The angle from behind Burnley goal was the one I saw on Sky just now.

Across the pitch - I’ll try and catch the from behind goal one ??

Edit - Seen that one now Dave and agree it looks far worse from that angle as you can see he puts his whole body into it and I’d say red 

I still don’t see a significant difference in amount of force and the danger tho !   ;)
Neither are simple forceful pushes 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

On 20/08/2022 at 13:09, Sheltons Army said:

I saw that too and yeah it was 100% supportive of Nige's comments and Stelling didn't try to counter it either. Another former pro who seemed to have respect for Nige.

Watched the incident back the other day on the City highlights.

Sykes red card had 4 incidents , 3 up to this and obviously the Freeman retaliation- all 4 went against us. In order...

1) Challenge on Atkinson- no penalty. Not wholly convinced it was as some you get etc but anyway penalty given and no Sykes challenge and no red card.

2) Just before the red card tackle, I thought Sykes was sandwiched by two players? He was and while never a red if a foul is correctly given- no bad tackle by Sykes and no red card!

3) If 1 or particularly 2 happen, no red card for Sykes- with the tackle he probably had to go...

4)...Yet if he goes, surely Freeman's retaliation also a red. Wasn't a shove etc but...can't retaliate like that yet then again Bennett we thought couldn't kick out on the ground yet it's only a yellow now.

Just checked again, 5:08-5:16 for incidents 2-4 on the Luton highlights, like I say the penalty maybe or maybe not.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Was the tackle by Sykes even that bad anyway, especially taking into account the conditions. Quite a downpour throughout the afternoon- conditions taken into account or no?

A second yellow I could understand more but a straight red for that in the circs a tad harsh, especially with Freeman's retaliation getting just a yellow.

On 26/08/2022 at 00:20, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was the tackle by Sykes even that bad anyway, especially taking into account the conditions. Quite a downpour throughout the afternoon- conditions taken into account or no?

A second yellow I could understand more but a straight red for that in the circs a tad harsh, especially with Freeman's retaliation getting just a yellow.

I had my ankle dislocated by a tackle like that. It was bad. 2 footed trying to wrap around is really dangerous.

9 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I had my ankle dislocated by a tackle like that. It was bad. 2 footed trying to wrap around is really dangerous.

This is fair tbh although had the ref done his job on either of the incidents that preceded it, especially the sandwiched foul, Sykes wouldn't have reacted that way...still think the penalty was more arguable.

Then Freeman only gets a yellow? One off both off no?

Although, would it have been a straight red for Sykes 20 years ago I wonder?

Both us and Luton fined £8500 for failure to control our players. Hadn't the referee lost any sort of control in the moments before the incident? When you don't give the foul against Sykes, what do you expect? Freeman starts the melee single handedly (or with no hands I suppose ad they were by his side). Wonder if Nige's comments have come back to bite us here 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Before my time but yeah the game does seek to be getting progressively less physical with each decade. Not solely a bad thing but it's heading that way.

It didn't surprise me that he got sent off, although I think there was no intent to injure, just a mistimed determination to win back the ball having been fouled out of possession by Freeman seconds before. Freeman's reaction was violent conduct though all the day long, and he should've taken an early bath as well. 

On 18/08/2022 at 08:03, BCFCGav said:

I get so angry looking at his team of the week every Monday. He just picks 10 players that scored, and shoehorns them into the most ridiculous XI imaginable. If a centre-half scores, then proceeds to do nothing in defense for 90 minutes, he's in. 

As if to prove the point, here's this week's effort. Of the 10 outfield players, the only one who didn't score is Martinez.

_126479016_totw.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

As if to prove the point, here's this week's effort. Of the 10 outfield players, the only one who didn't score is Martinez.

_126479016_totw.jpg

I mean look at that team. Boils my piss. Literally a back 3 and then 7 front men. And he’s being paid to write this!!

• Haha 1