IGNORED

Our Friends from Over the Pond

Vespa Red

Feeling very smug and satisfied with what I had just witnessed last night (I'm sure I wasn't alone), I got on the Park and Ride back to the Portway and sat next to a bloke roughly my age in a City shirt.  He was very friendly but had an accent that was slightly further west than Bridgwater or Taunton.

Turned out that he was from Washington (DC, not Tyne and Wear) and this was his first game in England.  All of the family were with him, all in City merchandise of some description or other.  Turns out that they were staying with a colleague from Wooton (well he lived there, I suspected he was also from the good ole US of A) and they were having a lovely time.  But they particularly enjoyed last night.  The game, the atmosphere, the ground, the pies!  We now have 4 new supporters somewhere else in the world based on their experience.

Imagine what would have happened if they had by twist of fate come to any of the other performances that we have put in over the last 2 years?

• Like 4
  • Robin 4

3 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Feeling very smug and satisfied with what I had just witnessed last night (I'm sure I wasn't alone), I got on the Park and Ride back to the Portway and sat next to a bloke roughly my age in a City shirt.  He was very friendly but had an accent that was slightly further west than Bridgwater or Taunton.

Turned out that he was from Washington (DC, not Tyne and Wear) and this was his first game in England.  All of the family were with him, all in City merchandise of some description or other.  Turns out that they were staying with a colleague from Wooton (well he lived there, I suspected he was also from the good ole US of A) and they were having a lovely time.  But they particularly enjoyed last night.  The game, the atmosphere, the ground, the pies!  We now have 4 new supporters somewhere else in the world based on their experience.

Imagine what would have happened if they had by twist of fate come to any of the other performances that we have put in over the last 2 years?

Imagine what would have happened if they had by twist of fate ended up at one of the blue few and been dragged all the way to their game last night. They would already be on the plane home, with their kits on eBay.

• Haha 4