IGNORED

Should Tinman Hang Up His Boots

how many of you think that tins should hang up his boots and concentrate managing city,or at least start on the bench.

I think he would be better off on the bench so he can read the game and keep his mind on the job,or maybe get a director of football in,what ive seen so far the team looks unorganised.

what do others think?

It sounds to me like the most important thing is for Tinamn to appreciate it's not the Brian Tinnion show and give other players room to breathe on the pitch instead of trying to run the show himself. It's natural for people to take a while to learn to delegate and realise that power does not mean doing it all yourself. I'm sure Tins will learn. You've suggested one way for him to do this, but others have managed to successfully combine playing and managing. There's no reason Tins can't. He just needs to become part of the team on the pitch again, rather than trying to run the show.

Yes .

Tinns slows the game down and it cant be good for the rest of the players who must feel a little pressure playing on the same park as there boss.

Also the pitch is not a good vantage point to see clearly what is going on in matches.

I also feel its just too much for any man to take on both roles,can Tinnion take the mental pressure of both roles and perform to his max in the two very differing roles? I dont think so, being new to the managers job i think it would be wise to concentrate fully on the management side

It sounds to me like the most important thing is for Tinamn to appreciate it's not the Brian Tinnion show and give other players room to breathe on the pitch instead of trying to run the show himself. It's natural for people to take a while to learn to delegate and realise that power does not mean doing it all yourself. I'm sure Tins will learn. You've suggested one way for him to do this, but others have managed to successfully combine playing and managing. There's no reason Tins can't. He just needs to become part of the team on the pitch again, rather than trying to run the show.

Yep, I think this is a very key point & even when he wasn't manager, when not playing other players (Wilkshire, Brown etc) looked better players.

On Saturday, players like Fortune & Orr were not expressive enough.

I think he should stop playing at least for awhile then put himself in when it is needed. I'd like to see him play in about 20-25 games this season. It seems he's taking on to much at the moment. He really wants to prove the manager right in playing him. only problem is he is the manager...

Been waiting for this....

I had a huge argument prior to the season as to whether there could be a successful player manager named. The closest I can come up with is Hessenthaler at Gillingham, but then if your target is to avoid relegation every year, its easier to be successful. The only real success I can think of is Dalglish in 86/87, but even then he had the best squad in Europe to work with.

Was given Dennis Wise as another...yes, can argue he got to an FA cup final - but was the worst player on the pitch and wouldn't sub himself in that game

Simple fact is that you can't do both jobs at once. Tinns has got to take a step back and look at the side from the touchline. We've got enough with Orr/Doherty/Wilkshire to let him do that - maybe he'll then see that 4-3-3 and the resultant long balls to midgets isn't the way to go.

Long and short of it is that he needs to (semi) retire ASAP so he can do the main job hes paid for.

BT is a quality player, but for the earlier part of the season i personally think he should be watching from the sidelines. This gives him a better overall view how how the team is performing. During the latter parts of the season, or we he thinks is best, he should defiantly come on and show the team what is needed.

Untill then, concentrate on the managers role untill you know your team!!!

Tinman should be on the pitch until either:

we get a player that has his vision, passion and passing ability OR his engine packs up. At the moment we have not got a player that matches him.

There are very few players with his vision and passing ability, but it's those very things that are causing us problems.

The other players NEED to learn to play without Tinnion. When he's on the pitch they have an easy way out - pass it to Tins and let him think of something. If we start playing without him they will learn to use their own initiative. It would also speed the game up, allowing our young lads to use pace and movement again.

It might take a game or two for them to get the hang of taking responsibility for themselves, but it will be ultimately better for everyone as it will allow them to improve as players whilst making the side considerably less one-dimensional.

Plus of course we'd still have Tins available as a super-sub.

The other players NEED to learn to play without Tinnion. When he's on the pitch they have an easy way out - pass it to Tins and let him think of something.

Good point, although we have moved on from the ball to tinman and the long searching ball out right to murray - that was so predictable. Problem is, if the players are stuck for ideas now, it seems to go back to Butler for him to think of something -

God help us...

how many of you think that tins should hang up his boots and concentrate managing city,or at least start on the bench.

I think he would be better off on the bench so he can read the game and keep his mind on the job,or maybe get a director of football in,what ive seen so far the team looks unorganised.

what do others think?

He shold not play-he inhibits the other players and drains their confidence.On the pitch he is slow and predictable,demanding so much of the ball that our game is so stereotyped and easy to defend against.Still we knew this was going to happen when, in pre-season he awarded himself the no.11 shirt.....Tins, I am sure you have the ability to be a good manager...you need to wear a suit on matchdays and not even be on the bench. In this way your players may begin to believe that you have some confidence in them. :dunno:

what do others think?

He shold not play-he inhibits the other players and drains their confidence.On the pitch he is slow and predictable,demanding so much of the ball that our game is so stereotyped and easy to defend against.Still we knew this was going to happen when, in pre-season he awarded himself the no.11 shirt.....Tins, I am sure you have the ability to be a good manager...you need to wear a suit on matchdays and not even be on the bench. In this way your players may begin to believe that you have some confidence in them. :dunno:

Yes i do think tinns should hang up his boots and get to the touchline to do what he's paid for. He lost his effect on games a couple of seasons ago and now he just slows games down if you ask me , and its a shame because he was such a great player but he's not what he used to be. We have ryan harley who is more than capable of doing a job there and when wilkshire gets back he will be in the team , craig loxton is also a very good prospect.

I don't think he should necessarily retire from playing but I don't think he should start too many games.

Age is not on his side and the other players do seem to be restricted when he is on the pitch.

I think he should watch from the stands at least for the 1st half and then he can come on and use his experience if it is apparant that the team needs him.

To some extent I agree with PLymouth Exile.

But, I do think he should retire now that he is manager.

As you see things totally different from the sidelines as you do playing, also his game will be restricted now he is manager as he will be taking that extra interest in seeing how his players are geting on on and off the ball which will hold him back.

Archived