----------------Phillips------------------

------------------------------------------

Smith-------Coles------Fortune--------Hill

Murray------Orr--------Doherty----Anyinsah

------------Lita-------Miller-------------

Spoilt for choice!!!

How can I leave Heffernan, Gillespie, Roberts and Goodfellow out?!?!?!

Guest jamiebrisc

Sorry to disagree with you mate, but I think that Miller should start with either Lita or Heff in a 4-4-2.

I too say Gillespie in the pre season friendlies and thought he was great, but I still don't think he is ready for a first team start yet.

I do think that he should be on the bench though and then we could slowly bring him in to the team, or he could be our new super sub, as soon as he has earnt a first team place by putting in a few decent performances then come back and petition for him to start.

As I said yesterday though Miller to start, he has so much going for him that he just cannot be ignored

Wouldn't give him a chance if it was 4-4-2 at the mo, as Miller is the best targetman we have and Leroy is on fire.

I wouldn't say Lita is on fire, he's scored 2 goals which looks great on Teletext but been unimpressive otherwise. He could have scored both these by coming on as a sub.

Gillespie looks much more of a natural goalscorer, he would shoot on the occasions Leroy hesitates.

Hard to know why Leroy started the first game - he was City's least impressive forward in pre-season.

Leroy has scored 2, fair enough, but Gillespie or one of the others may have scored 4, and the balance with Heffernan and Lita is terrible.

Question is, if Tinman was determined to start with Leroy, why spend big on a very similar player in Heffernan?

He'd have to start with him too and that leaves several very good strikers, with different qualities to add to the team, getting frustrated on the sidelines.

Archived