IGNORED

Idehen to Carlisle on loan

Davefevs

39 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Would also add more sense/logic to Bamba possible coming in. Also perhaps one or both go to fund Bamba’s wages. 

Idehen will be on very low money, I doubt him going out on loan would make a difference either way re Bamba joining.

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Idehen will be on very low money, I doubt him going out on loan would make a difference either way re Bamba joining.

Well we (none of us know) how much DI and RT earn or what Bamba would want. 

What we do know is NP must raise some funds before bringing players. All I’m saying is this would be the sort of thing he has to do before we see incoming players. 

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Well we (none of us know) how much DI and RT earn or what Bamba would want. 

What we do know is NP must raise some funds before bringing players. All I’m saying is this would be the sort of thing he has to do before we see incoming players. 

Idehen and Towler salary combined will be less than £1500 per week.  Bamba will want a lot more than that. 

4 hours ago, Selred said:

Wasn't Towler lined up for Salford, but got injured?

Was put on hold as we were waiting for Kalas to return and didn’t want to leave us short. Even though Towler wasn’t next in line anyway, and we have plenty enough there. Seems odd to have held this up for that reason. 

Have I missed something about Idehen? What has he said/done? 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Idehen and Towler salary combined will be less than £1500 per week.  Bamba will want a lot more than that. 

Bamba genuinely might be willing to play for that sort of money, he’s 37, doesn’t need to move & will probably retire next summer.

My hunch would be that the 2 youngsters are probably on around the figure you quote each, but that’s a guess, I’m not ITK.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bamba genuinely might be willing to play for that sort of money, he’s 37, doesn’t need to move & will probably retire next summer.

My hunch would be that the 2 youngsters are probably on around the figure you quote each, but that’s a guess, I’m not ITK.

I’d look at it the opposite way. He’s 37, has earned millions over his career so why would he play for £1500 per week.  

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’d look at it the opposite way. He’s 37, has earned millions over his career so why would he play for £1500 per week.  

You could apply that to Danny Simpson who is rumoured to have signed for us on very low terms & my hunch is Andy King has done so this summer on very low money, too.

Bamba was in talks with L2 Swindon over a contract last month, I can’t for a minute think they pay much.

46 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure it works like that! I don’t see the game littered with 35-38 year old millionaire footballers playing for next to nothing. Maybe we should offer him a tenner as it’s more than nothing! 

The game doesn't have to be littered with players at that age playing for next to nothing to mean that it doesn't ever happen. You would think he would have asked or has been told a ballpark, or even actual figure before training with us, if the aim is to get a contract. Everyone knows we are skint, if Samba and his agent don't then I'd find that pretty odd.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure it works like that! I don’t see the game littered with 35-38 year old millionaire footballers playing for next to nothing. Maybe we should offer him a tenner as it’s more than nothing! 

That could work...

Brilliant move for him. 

Odd comments re his attitude. He fell out with Paul Hurst (who’s known to be a *****) because of false promises. Heard from a few people involved at the club that he’s an incredible character and loved by all. Could very much be involved in the first team ‘proper’ after this loan he’s that well regarded. 

• Like 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Brilliant move for him. 

Odd comments re his attitude. He fell out with Paul Hurst (who’s known to be a *****) because of false promises. Heard from a few people involved at the club that he’s an incredible character and loved by all. Could very much be involved in the first team ‘proper’ after this loan he’s that well regarded. 

There was more to it than just the above, hence why he has completely fallen out of favour at Ashton Gate.

Rightly or wrongly I have a feeling we may have seen the end of him in a City shirt