IGNORED

Wells - Weimann - Conway

robin for life

I think what is really positive is the fact we now have options and, as a result, are less vulnerable to injuries curtailing our season

Semenyo is a superb player and Weimann Semenyo Martin is a fantastic combination but Wells and Conway dovetail really well.

I still think Semenyo will be a big loss if he was sold but, whereas two weeks ago it felt like that might leave us in a lot of trouble, it feels as though we have plausible alternatives.

• Like 13

As an attacking unit (all options included) we have to be up there with the best in the league. 

The options we have available to us. You would back all of them to get 10 goals a season minimum.

Conway, Weimann, Wells, Semenyo, Martin. 

Other teams would dream of having those options available to them. 

Special mention to the midfield and defence as well today. That's two clean sheets in back-to-back games. I can't remember when we last achieved that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

As an attacking unit (all options included) we have to be up there with the best in the league. 

The options we have available to us. You would back all of them to get 10 goals a season minimum.

Conway, Weimann, Wells, Semenyo, Martin. 

Other teams would dream of having those options available to them. 

Special mention to the midfield and defence as well today. That's two clean sheets in back-to-back games. I can't remember when we last achieved that. 

March 2021

B9620569-3E26-451D-BCD3-CAAC61DF66EC.jpeg

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

March 2021

B9620569-3E26-451D-BCD3-CAAC61DF66EC.jpeg

Last B2B wins with clean sheet Nov 2020!

620EFAB3-AD86-4739-86F9-6FE179D790FB.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

So much more mobile with those 3, all looked very sharp, didn’t shy away from the rough parts of the game either

22 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

It’s also really helped our defensive numbers as well. The front three create so much that the midfielders can maintain position and thread balls through. 

Totally agree, so much better without Martin starting. Although fair play, today and against Luton he has come on and done a good job in helping us see the games out.  

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Interest from Everton and Palace for Semenyo 

As much as I wouldn’t want to sell Semenyo i think with the emergence now of Conway we probably could afford to offload him at the right price..

Imperative that we keep Weimann at the club aswell. Huge player for us and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone puts in a cheeky late bid for him this window.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do really want to see Semenyo - Conway - Weimann though. Agree he shouldn’t just walk straight back in but it would be madness to not get him in that first team as quick as we can. Offers too much to simply leave on the bench. Wells and Martin to come on when we need it. Spoilt for choice upfront 

Just now, Negan said:

I do really want to see Semenyo - Conway - Weimann though. Agree he shouldn’t just walk straight back in but it would be madness to not get him in that first team as quick as we can. Offers too much to simply leave on the bench. Wells and Martin to come on when we need it. Spoilt for choice upfront 

I actually think Wells perfectly compliments either Conway or Semenyo as he is a great footballer who links play excellently and finds the space left by TC/AS.

• Like 3

The Wells-Conway partnership is the way forward IMO. We forced both the last two teams 10-15 yards further back, which essentially put them on the back foot — and let’s not forget Luton won 2-0 at Swansea yesterday, so they’re no mugs. 

We’ve stumbled on a great partnership up front, potentially the best I can recall for a very long time. We’ve got the makings of a decent side here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

Semenyo, if he isn’t sold, won’t come straight back. He’ll be eased back in. But we’ll also need to give Conway or Wells a breather. It’s a squad game over 46 matches. And it’s physically demanding.

Well played NW and TC, but Semenyo is our best striker.

I think Conway is the more instinctive goalscorer, whereas Semenyo is the more dangerous attacking player - if that makes sense 

• Like 2

In addition to their goal scoring abilities, it’s the press, with the Wells, Conway, Andi combination … they are truly superb at it. Really panics defences. 

When Martin plays we need an entirely different game plan as he hasn’t the legs to defend from the front using the high press tactic. Presently we need that high -end press given our rear-end fragilities!  

• Like 1