IGNORED

Nahki Wells

redkev

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

O’Dowda fully justified NP’s decision to move him on today. Pretty non-existent. Typified the majority of his time here. 

There was one bloke in St.George who cheered his every move though. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

O’Dowda fully justified NP’s decision to move him on today. Pretty non-existent. Typified the majority of his time here. 

Ironically I thought he was one of their best threats first half.

Then in typical Callum fashion got bullied a bit second half and vanished.

Shame it didn't work out, but just needs to be more ruthless and aggressive.

Classic case of what RG refered to in the Summer as getting "£s on the pitch".

Wells has been an excellent player throughout his career. But to be fair we haven't as a team utilised those skills effectively.

He will not be short of offers at the end of his contract, and I saw in the second half of the Luton game a willingness to come short/hold onto the ball/much better work rate that I have previously seen from him(wasn't at the game today as on Hols).

From a perspective of missing Semenyeo, and Martin only looking half fit; in the new WCW formation, we look to have some fluidity in our forward line again.

Well done to the coaching staff on this one, and of course Wells & Conway in particular.

24 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Ironically I thought he was one of their best threats first half.

Then in typical Callum fashion got bullied a bit second half and vanished.

Shame it didn't work out, but just needs to be more ruthless and aggressive.

Me too.

Excellent ball in for the disallowed goal.

Couldn’t work out why they kept switching him to the right, but thought he was one of their better performers.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

Excellent ball in for the disallowed goal.

Couldn’t work out why they kept switching him to the right, but thought he was one of their better performers.

To be honest I've always preferred him on the right.

His outside foot isn't bad at all, and it gives him an option to to cut inside.

Think Morison was just trying to switch it up trying to be clever, but ended up not allowing their forward players to get into a rythem.

My MOM today, deserves a run in the side , he’s lively, positive, and is probably the best crosser of the ball we have. 
 His main issues is he misses a few too many  and his decision making and all round play is probably not championship standard. Not a problem when banging in goals, but Martin or a another will always come in when he is not. 

• Confused 1

Outstanding performance. 

Said earlier in the week a top professional - despite his public demeanour. Banged on for years about the need for partnerships in a team. At last, forged in the Under-23’s and the training pitch, the Wells/Conway axis is happening. Brilliant to watch them, their pressing in particular is top quality, a real joy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Absolutely, looked like a rabbit in headlights, a look we are all too familiar with. Great to hear him get the reception his mediocrity and move to Cardiff deserved. 

As for Nahki, he’s been a revelation this season, like a new player; or perhaps the player we thought we’d signed. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, chucky said:

Ah, one of those types. Makes a claim, then when someone asks for some help, it's figure it out yourself. Got you. 

Shall i hold your hand and take you through google and capology and statista and the public records of professional football clubs budgets.............if you are incapable of basic commonsense, there is no need to get bolshie......over and out.

33 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Shall i hold your hand and take you through google and capology and statista and the public records of professional football clubs budgets...........if you are incapable of basic commonsense, there is no need to get bolshie......over and out.

It's basic common sense to ask someone for help when they aren't sure what they are doing. But if you feel that asking for help deserves insulating, that says more about you than anything else.

OK, I found the site capology (thanks).  You said earlier "Yep..........that's what 22k a week"  but capology says Wells is on £15,192. It also says Semenyo is only on £2500 a week, yet George Tanner is on nearly £6k a week. Are you sure these sites know what they are taking about? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

Kipre hated every second of dealing with Wells today. And Conway for that matter.

He was quality. Deserved a goal for his efforts and thoroughly deserved the standing ovation.

Echo your thoughts but thought he was a bit churlish not acknowledging the ovation he was getting from all around the ground.

4 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Excellent today (again) and what a cross for Tommy.The dynamic has changed but we are still scoring goals.

That imho is down to Nige and the coaches,plus the players buying into working hard for the team .

The LJ/MA days are slowly coming to an end.

To be fair O’Dowda did. more today in one game than most seasons.He didn’t run up to half line and then turn around and run back at full pace once!

coyr

I think the Cardiff defender was really expecting Nahki to switch back into his right foot.  Conway standing still (remember my previous comments re Le Tissier?) bought him 3-4 yards of space, coupled with Nahki’s cross meant he got his head to it.  Really was a top-striker’s header.  So chuffed for him.

4 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Can’t say I was a fan of O’Dowda, just didn’t think he was anywhere near as good as a the view of couple of posters on here (one now on twitter)…but I didn’t think he was crap.

Today felt like a pretty usual performance, couple of runs that looked threatening, coupled with several runs without the ball where he made sure he didn’t have to make a challenge.  Whatever he goes on to achieve at Cardiff, for Bristol City it was the right decision.

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

Kipre hated every second of dealing with Wells today. And Conway for that matter.

He was quality. Deserved a goal for his efforts and thoroughly deserved the standing ovation.

Small point to note, Kipre started at LCB2 (Ng at RCB2), and Bentley hit three balls right down his throat at the start.  Then Bagan went off “concussed” (hence the 4th sub event) and Ng went to LB, Simpson came on at LCB2, with Kipre RCB2.  Simpson nowhere near as dominant.

Brntley did kick to Atkinson/ Dasilva a few times too, but the straight ball was towards their LCB2, and both Wells and Conway won their fair share.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Shocking Wilson pass denied a tap in. Fantastic last 2 games, great for Conway, great partnership.

Terrible, he didn’t even have the excuse he was tired, he’d only been on the pitch about 5 minutes.

Nakhi was still pissed off about not getting the chance of a tap in when he was subbed, so along with looking to waste as much time as possible going off, that was why I don’t think he acknowledged the ovation he was getting.

• The title was changed to Nahki Wells
21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Terrible, he didn’t even have the excuse he was tired, he’d only been on the pitch about 5 minutes.

Nakhi was still pissed off about not getting the chance of a tap in when he was subbed, so along with looking to waste as much time as possible going off, that was why I don’t think he acknowledged the ovation he was getting.

Yeah, exactly this. He was right to be hacked off after busting a gut all game.

not sure what was up with Kane Wilson when he came on but he seemed all over the place. Hopefully it was just rust/ nerves. Could do with a start in the cup to get some minutes in him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redkev said:

Always use to worry when he played against us and quite often would score against us .

Think we can all agree and even Nhaki probably agrees it hasn’t been the move he or all of us had hoped for .

However credit where it’s due from looking from the outside he seems to be the model professional, helping the youngsters , asking to play for the u23s and still here doing his bit .

thought the last 2 games he has been very good .

Been here 2.5 years and barely ever been played in his correct position! Been brilliant last two games… I like Martin but the energy offered by NW upfront is not comparable! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BITW said:

Been here 2.5 years and barely ever been played in his correct position! Been brilliant last two games… I like Martin but the energy offered by NW upfront is not comparable! 

His and Conway movements are the reason we have come on in last couple of games,with Weimann also moving we have options for our midfield and with  naismiths passing ability it completely changes how we can play,don't dislike Martin but he really is not a starter for the squad we have, great last 15 min sub .we look lightweight in midfield but with movement in front of them they are able to just put it into areas and front 3 make bad passes into good ones.conway gets across defenders in front of them and behind them creating openings. He will probably be gone next Summer.

Wells looks bang in form at the moment - to be fair he hasn’t always looked as sharp as he does at the moment - but if he keeps it up he’ll be keeping his place in the team I’m sure. He’s always been a great finisher and made good runs but I’ve even more impressed with his passing and his overall sharpness in the last couple of games. 

Goes to show just how professional he is.  His desire to get a run of games in the 23's was commendable.  And whilst playing there presumably built a good partnership with Young TC and jeez has it shown this past week.  They are on such a good wavelength together.  You look at it and when Semenyo is back it certainly isn't going to be easy for him to get past these two if they continue in this vein.

Knew Tommy would get man of the match, but I too thought Nahki was (just) more deserving.  Fantastic from him and long may it continue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Wells looks bang in form at the moment - to be fair he hasn’t always looked as sharp as he does at the moment - but if he keeps it up he’ll be keeping his place in the team I’m sure. He’s always been a great finisher and made good runs but I’ve even more impressed with his passing and his overall sharpness in the last couple of games. 

Absolutely he deserved and should have had a tap in ,it's those things for a striker that they thrive on such a shame he didn't get the goal ge should have had.