IGNORED

6 Subs

GrahamC

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Concussion is very serious and can lead to Alzheimer’s. To trivialise it by faking it would be pretty disgusting in my view. Appreciate you might not agree 

I absolutely do agree with you.  Unfortunately, Colin won't agree with us...

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

None at all.

It just seemed odd that as it was their first sub they were still allowed to make 5 more, but as has been explained to me, them’s the rules.

I get that, but if you've still got five subs to use. Where's the problem. If all five subs had been used already and THEN the head injury happened... sure. Allow a sixth. Not when you still have them all.

• Like 1

Ref then allowed + 5 mins, primarily to allow for the numerous Cardiff subs in the second half, notwithstanding that it was ‘their time’!

As a postscript, I remember no subs- just. Came in for the 1970 World Cup, I recall, as FIFA were worried about playing at altitude and heat in Mexico.

7 hours ago, Red Billy said:

Something I noticed was that our player was made to leave the field of play and had to wait to be waved back on but they made the substitution and their player was allowed on the pitch as play resumed.  Marginal I know but still an advantage.

Noticed that too.

I also think that’s why KN made RA get to his feet, so we’d have 11 players in position ready for Bents’s kick from the offside.  You don’t want him entering the field at LB do you?

Unless our players are genuinely injured, they need to be smarter about when to call on the physio…ie defending a corner kick.  Really frustrates me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

You're most likely coming off with a broken leg - apparently it happened once to Dave Whelan in a cup final but not heard much about that one. ?

Ha!

I made reference to that in the Wigan match day thread, and one helpful poster provided a link to the incident.

I didn’t have the heart to respond that I was well aware of it and was just making a sarcastic comment.

From memory, DW was forever mentioning it when he was involved in that racist controversy.

• Like 1