IGNORED

Semenyo

Logical-City

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Semenyo is a genuine £12-15m striker at this level. We can't exactly go out an buy one of those so let's enjoy the one we have. It's brilliant that we are doing so well without him, think how well we can do when we add that £12-15m striker to our matchday squad!

My alternative take on finances if we are close to the limit on FFP.... stay around the play-off places and get increased crowds through the gate, spending increasing amounts of matchday revenue. Also helpful if we put out a side to beat Wycombe on Tuesday as each round is extra income. If we make the third round, a beatable Prem team at home please for potential TV coverage. Someone like an Everton please.

I'll take Everton. Only prem team I haven't ticked off, having missed the two (?) cup games we've had against them in recent years (well recent if you're my age anyway).

9 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Not really weird wiping his ass with us we should do the same ?‍♂️

What? How? 

Very strange statement unless you have clear proof that he is not genuinely injured. 

Anyway, regarding Conway, we are not even out of August yet, if he maintains this level until May I would be amazed..... happy but amazed.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What? How? 

Very strange statement unless you have clear proof that he is not genuinely injured. 

Anyway, regarding Conway, we are not even out of August yet, if he maintains this level until May I would be amazed..... happy but amazed.

I don’t think he is injured I have heard things but the Conway come up is a great thing for us and should send the 8 goal wonder kid packing with best wishes 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

I don’t think he is injured I have heard things but the Conway come up is a great thing for us and should send the 8 goal wonder kid packing with best wishes 

I think that's shocking and not at all logical. Your username is clearly inaccurate. 

I assume Semenyo pissed on your chips or cut you up in traffic or something, because that's an incredibly dismissive and uncalled for post.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Have you had a name change, perhaps you were the idiot who kept posting that Semenyo will never be a striker, can't remember the user name but had to disappear as his posts were so illogical 

He’s either a WUM or clueless

Or just a grade a Plum

Recently claimed ‘most’ of Johnson’s / Ashton’s were sold for a profit ? 

Sell Semenyo as Conway has admittedly hit a rich vein of form??

Absolutely not. Was discussing with one or two today, how dynamic and potent a theoretical Semenyo-Weimann-Conway front 3 could be on paper.

Otoh what a great position to be in. Wells has found some form again, we all know what WSM did and can do, and now Conway. Could be absolutely spoilt for choice at times with such options, it's a long season but form and competition really can drive standards...best not to pile too much on Conway too soon also.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

We’ve previously said we’d take a points deduction over selling our best players, could you imagine finishing in the play offs and getting a points deduction taking us out of them

This is also a fair argument and that would be terrible...otoh when this was stated, unsure that talk of the playoffs was on the cards.

Let's remember just what NP had taken on...turning the huge cost base around wages wise with some amortisation reduction too, while showing great self-sacrifice and restraint in the market, trying to keep us within FFP while plenty of talented yet raw youth get their head. Plus being cognisant of the need to avoid rushing players back despite a thin squad and some pressure on results.

Oh and the need to either move on or turn around the mindset of a host of players. Some have been moved on, or run their course. Whereas e.g. DaSilva and Wells have fought and played their way back in. Decent mention for Vyner as well.

What an unenviable task. He may not be able to inherit the house fully furnished and with correctly appreciated value but the foundations for this should be well and truly laid.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Have you had a name change, perhaps you were the idiot who kept posting that Semenyo will never be a striker, can't remember the user name but had to disappear as his posts were so illogical 

Opposite I’m a Semenyo fan that’s heard our clubs a stepping stone, he kept us up last season good luck Conway looking decent happy days 

1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

3 weeks ago you said Semenyo was the difference between mid table and play offs but now that Conway has had a couple of good games you turn 180 degrees and want to see Semenyo?  Flip flop

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is also a fair argument and that would be terrible...otoh when this was stated, unsure that talk of the playoffs was on the cards.

Let's remember just what NP had taken on...turning the huge cost base around wages wise with some amortisation reduction too, while showing great self-sacrifice and restraint in the market, trying to keep us within FFP while plenty of talented yet raw youth get their head. Plus being cognisant of the need to avoid rushing players back despite a thin squad and some pressure on results.

Oh and the need to either move on or turn around the mindset of a host of players. Some have been moved on, or run their course. Whereas e.g. DaSilva and Wells have fought and played their way back in. Decent mention for Vyner as well.

What an unenviable task. He may not be able to inherit the house fully furnished and with correctly appreciated value but the foundations for this should be well and truly laid.

"Decent mention for Vyner", that's been a very satisfying outcome imo. Full marks to all concerned in turning that around.

• Like 1

I wouldnt be suprised to see a bid for conway.

Any scouts watching that game would have game him a glowing report.

Am i right in thinking chelsea tried to steal ant a few seasons ago? offered us peanuts?

I wouldnt be suprised to see same thing happen with tommy.

Id keep tommy, sale ant, dunno how long ants got let on his contract, but to get 15 million now for a player we got for nothing.

For once  we could come up smelling of roses.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

You would prob think Wells but it won't be straightforward as him and Conway look a decent pairing.

Wouldn't change a thing right now.

Looking  too dynamic to be tampered with. 

Semenyo's opportunity will arrive - untill such a time it'll be cameo - which would have been his reintroduction anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Wouldn't change a thing right now.

Looking  too dynamic to be tampered with. 

Semenyo's opportunity will arrive - untill such a time it'll be cameo - which would have been his reintroduction anyway.

Spot on.

Also great to now be in the position where we don’t need to rush him back, not that I think Pearson would have done so anyway.

• Like 2