IGNORED

Cocktail Bars in Bristol

Genghis Khan's pants

Anyone got any recommendations/places to avoid on the above? Last place I went to ages ago was the Milk Thistle so a bit rusty! I've seen adverts and had a quick look at Stock Exchange and Blame Gloria.  Also are there any that open on Sat afternoons (I think only Blame Gloria do of the ones I've mentioned) but if any of you folks out there have any to add then please do. Cheers

I know a couple I've been to recently.

BANK, Totterdown is not bad, not just cocktails though but does brunch and things like that too, open Wednesday to Sunday IIRC. Food is quite nice judging by the menu.

Scarlet Lantern also is decent, the latter is one of those semi hidden bars, not far from College Green. Unity Street. Might need to book for that one on occasion.

Edit. Just seen Saturday afternoon bit, Scarlet Lantern opens in evenings but BANK, Totterdown is open all day Saturday pretty much. About 10-15 minute walk from Temple Meads if you're going from that direction.

Location of BANK, Totterdown is 107 Wells Road.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

I went to the Clockwork Rose, behind St Nicholas Market a couple of years ago. Pre-pandemic, it was a pretty buzzy little bar. I believe it's still going.  The only other place I've had cocktails in central Bristol was the Reina, which is below the Radisson Blu near the Harbour. That's OK, but Saturdays there is definitely a pre-club crowd and it can get a bit 'Sharon & Tracey'. 

• Like 1