IGNORED

Lincoln City…..

BCFC1512

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ive always had a soft spot for Lincoln City. We used to visit there when I was growing up and my paternal g’dad took me to Sincil Bank in the late 60s against Bradford Park Avenue - now defunct of course.

Lincoln is a lovely and wonderful City and if you’ve never been there I thoroughly recommend a visit.

Lovely city, horrible biscuits.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

At 250/1, worth a punt?

No disrespect to Lincoln, but win this and we're in the last 16, favourable draw and we're talking quarter-final again. 

They took 135 to Barrow in the last round, much bigger following here I would think.

also, noticed they still have Hakeeb Adelakun, never lived up to his potential here.

Just noticed he's gone on loan to Gillingham, so not impressing the Imps either it seems. 

40 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I rather like the biscuits. It is well worth a visit but get yourself fit before visiting the Cathedral. It's at the top of Steep Hill and the name is not ironic. 

They always taste a bit stale to me.

As for Lincoln, it's of interest to me as the birthplace of the tank. 

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

my paternal g’dad 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

my maternal g’mother

Just wondered if anyone else refers to their grandparents in this way? 
I personally just call them my grandmum or granddad - never really seen people purposely specify paternal or maternal. 
Seems odd to me - but then, most of what Robbored posts seems odd to me. ??

I was also disappointed in not having a reason to visit Lincoln again, I really like it especially up around castle and the steep hills leading up to it.

The one thing I always wonder though is how much time is lost by the residents in a day, having to wait for the trains that cut right through the high street. Most odd.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ive always had a soft spot for Lincoln City. We used to visit there when I was growing up and my paternal g’dad took me to Sincil Bank in the late 60s against Bradford Park Avenue - now defunct of course.

Lincoln is a lovely and wonderful City and if you’ve never been there I thoroughly recommend a visit.

I went their earlier this year as my father in law lives in nearby Boston- agree it’s a lovely city… as for Lincolnshire on the whole I thought it was a dreadful county.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I went their earlier this year as my father in law lives in nearby Boston- agree it’s a lovely city… as for Lincolnshire on the whole I thought it was a dreadful county.

The only place I don't like over there is Boston, the coastal towns are pretty good, even the much maligned "Skeggy" is better than some of the other tourist destinations around the country.

We have considered moving there if our finances can't sustain us through early retirement, we could buy something in a lakeside position for around 50% of what we could achieve for our place in Portishead.

Edited by Port Said Red

What's Gainsborough like- never been to Lincolnshire so can't comment but a chap where I used to work, security guy is from that neck of the woods.

Small aside, until a couple of years ago- maybe 4 or 5 years ago, he told me that through varied quirks of fate, divisional reorganisations etc  they had never been relegated..which is some stat.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The only place I don't like over there is Boston, the coastal towns are pretty good, even the much maligned "Skeggy" is better than some of the other tourist destinations around the country.

We have considered moving there if our finances can't sustain us through early retirement, we could buy something in a lakeside position for around 50% of what we could achieve for our place in Portishead.

Yeah trust me mate you can get a lot of house for your money and my father in law moved from a lovely village in Essex to go to Lincolnshire and his house is great but found it very dull, flat, full of long soulless drives- we went to Skegness while their, not my cup of tea but can see why it would be popular.

Lincoln was a really stunning city though, we were their during uni graduations and walked up that killer hill to the cathedral and it was great to see the students celebrating.

Boston is not great 

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And that is exactly why he moved to Lincolnshire to help save money in retirement

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What's Gainsborough like- never been to Lincolnshire so can't comment but a chap where I used to work, security guy is from that neck of the woods.

Small aside, until a couple of years ago- maybe 4 or 5 years ago, he told me that through varied quirks of fate, divisional reorganisations etc  they had never been relegated..which is some stat.

I work in Gainsborough it’s.. Erm.. Yeah. 

21 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

You already know it will be £25 for an adult in the South. Remember Fulham in the cup last year? 

Expect an empty Gate again if thats the case

Different rules between cups I think. Pretty sure in FA cup both teams and the FA have to agree price? League cup think home team decides price.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They were relegated for the first time in their history in 2017-18. It’s a remarkable stat for a former league club. Until then they’d only ever changed divisions as a result of not being re-elected, or divisional reorganisations within the non-league pyramid. 

Edited by North London Red
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, North London Red said:

They were relegated for the first time in their history in 2017-18. It’s a remarkable stat for a former league club. Until then they’d only ever changed divisions as a result of not being re-elected, or divisional reorganisations within the non-league pyramid. 

That's the one!

9 hours ago, North London Red said:

Really- I thought they were briefly in the Second Division before being relegated.