IGNORED

Barnsley Vs You

Guest Dan_C rew

Guest Dan_C rew

Being a season ticket holder i went to the game last night, and this is what i think :D

It was a top game thought between 2 of the best teams in the League.

Like ourselfs you played well and did not play the route 1 football game like most teams in our league do.

It was a good result for us beacsue no one really thought that we would do much this season but with 12 signings of the like sof, mcpahil, shucker, colon, williams and nardielo i knew that we would. Now the bookies have slashed the title odds on us to 9-1.

Just like to know what the Bristol fans thought :D

So did anyone go and have an opinion?

p,S Well done to the Bristol fans that came to Barnsley, becasue i know that you did not bring too many but for a mid week game which is a few huundred miles away then it was class :laugh:

I wasnt at the game but it sounded like we played okay but once you scored we never really had a hope , heffernan missed a couple of sitters by the sound of it and we basically played poorly up to what we can and should be playing at. That said i think barnsley will be up there this season with a good squad of players and its not the end of the world.

By all accounts you ran us off the park, we are notorious for our slow starts and are trying to figure out our best team for our different formations, once we have cracked that we will come good, whether we come good too late again is another matter.

Congrats on beating us last night as you thoroughly deserved it, you will meet a different team (hopefully) when you come to the gate, I still maintain we have possibly the best defence and midfield pairing (Doherty, Wilkshire) in this league and they will at some stage be on top of their games collectively and go on our annual long unbeaten run. Here's hoping it's soon.

Guest Dan_C rew

Cheers mate, you seem to have a good fan base.

I thought that the subsitute who scored the goal was the best player.

Just to let you know, Matt Carbon our defence rock who went off injured is fine and should be fit for Saturdays clash against Luton.

Stephen McPhail was brilliant, he was a really good signing for you . I also thought Barry Conlon was excellent, he seemed to win every header he went up for. You do play good passing football which is pleasing to the eye and i fully expect you lot to be in the Play-Offs come the end of the season. And that Chris Shuker looks a good prospect as well, he was clinical in his finishing. I felt we deserved as draw considering all the chances we had. I'm just hoping we can put away our chances on Saturday.

Agree with the comments about Barnsley, they did the pass-and-move thing well. We, however, were toothlessMurray went to the byeline only to take a corner, he never once ran at anyone the whole game, woodman got to the byeline once and Smith never evn tried. The lack of width was terrifying and even in the second minute of the three added on at the end and losing 2-1 we passed the ball SIDEWAYS AND BACKWARDS. There were two handballs, one in the Barnsley penalty area and one just outside (blatant) that the ref didn't give and we hit the post and bar (although the bar one wouldn't have counted anyway). But anyone who thinks we deserved a draw did not go to the game, City were abject and passionless, if they had passed the ball that many times to a red shirt on Saturday we would have won 7-0, oh, and by the way, the ball that Tinnion played through to Shuker for the first goal was the best pass he's hit in the last two seasons. Rant over :D

Guest Dan_C rew

The refree was rubbish.

Dont forget our chances though conlocns header (god know how he missed)

And NArdilleo had 2 chances 1 almsot went in just cliped the post so i feel that we probally deserved our win, but you gave us a run for our money.

Put a tenner on us taking title i did at start of season at 16-1

Dont forget our chances though conlocns header (god know how he missed)

And NArdilleo had 2 chances 1 almsot went in just cliped the post so i feel that we probally deserved our win,

You didn't read my post well enough, I said anyone who says we deserved a draw didn't go to the match.

Guest Dan_C rew

Cheers fellas good luck with your season campaign

And look forward to the return game this time at your ground?

Oh by the way what do you guys think of Oakwell?

Think its a good ground?

The Two end stands and the one to the left as we looked were very nice, but the other one looked a bit old and tatty, If that stand hadn't been there i could definately see it as premiership standard.

And to be honest i had forgot about Conlon's header, he should've stuck that one away, like Paul Heffernan's chance.

Good Luck for the season

Tian

Guest Dan_C rew

The "old stand" has been wanting redoing for years but the problem is that there is a school behind it, but that school is closing so by next season it will be build up like the opposite ned and then we will have a capacity of 31,000

The "old stand" has been wanting redoing for years but the problem is that there is a school behind it, but that school is closing so by next season it will be build up like the opposite ned and then we will have a capacity of 31,000

Did I read somewhere that Oakwell once hosted the FA Cup Final?

Guest Dan_C rew

Cant remmeber that but with the new stand we will have one of the best grounds in the country

We did win the FA Cup final in 1912

Guest sbl900

TO BARNSLEY FAN. I WAS PRESENT WHEN CITY WON 1-0 AT BARNSLEY LAST SEASON. AT THE END OF THE GAME YOUR MATCH ANNOUNCER SAID OVER THE PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM. "WELL DONE TO BRISTOL CITY SEE YOU NEXT SEASON" WHAT WE THOUGHT! HE MUST HAVE KNOWN CITY WERE ABOUT TO LOSE IN THE PLAYOFF FINAL. YOU DIDNT HEAR HIM SAY "HOPE YOU MAKE MID TABLE THIS SEASON" DID YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan C, I had Barnsley as one of the challengers this season,and i've seen nowt to change my mind. considering the number of new players, you gelled well.

We're still struggling to change Wilsons mindset I think.....the tactics will work, once the right players are in the team...we just aint worked the right players out yet, we will, but its when, I reckon....see you at the Gate later on.

BTW, Lu'on fans i work with say they aint playing well yet, and they make hard work for themselves...should be interesting for you Saturday..........

Archived