IGNORED

Watch the World Cup in the Sports Bar

CyderInACan

£6 to stand or £10 on a table - either with a free pint. That 1pm ko on a Monday is a bit of a nightmare! 

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/watch-englands-2022-world-cup-games-at-the-independence-sports-bar/

Banner image

WATCH ENGLAND'S 2022 WORLD CUP GAMES AT THE INDEPENDENCE SPORTS BAR

THURSDAY, AUGUST 25TH 2022

The 2022 FIFA World Cup is coming to Ashton Gate this winter.

BOOK NOW
Football fans will be able to watch every England game, LIVE on the big screen at the Independence Sports Bar - the home of the bar goes wild meme, which rose to fame during the 2018 World Cup.

Due to popular demand, England games at Ashton Gate will be a ticket-only event.

Standing tickets will be available for £6, whilst tables of four, six and eight are also available to reserve by paying £10 per person.

Food will be available to purchase at each screening for those with a table reservation.

Both standing and seated tickets will include a complimentary drink upon arrival (pint of beer/lager/cider/glass of house wine or soft drink).

England will play on the following dates, with tickets now available to book online.

Monday, November 21st
England v Iran - 1pm kick-off

Friday, November 25th
England v USA - 7pm kick-off

Tuesday, November 29th
England v Wales - 7pm kick-off

The Sports Bar will be open at least an hour before kick-off

They spelt Independence incorrectly on the image. And wouldn't there be an apostrophe on Ashton Gates?

Would also be best to show dates as Mon 21 Nov 1PM instead of Mon Nov 21 1PM so the date doesn't look like it merges with the time when quickly glancing.

??‍♂️

Edited by TBW
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

£6 to stand or £10 on a table - either with a free pint. That 1pm ko on a Monday is a bit of a nightmare! 

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/watch-englands-2022-world-cup-games-at-the-independence-sports-bar/

Banner image

BOOK NOW
Football fans will be able to watch every England game, LIVE on the big screen at the Independence Sports Bar - the home of the bar goes wild meme, which rose to fame during the 2018 World Cup.

Due to popular demand, England games at Ashton Gate will be a ticket-only event.

Standing tickets will be available for £6, whilst tables of four, six and eight are also available to reserve by paying £10 per person.

Food will be available to purchase at each screening for those with a table reservation.

Both standing and seated tickets will include a complimentary drink upon arrival (pint of beer/lager/cider/glass of house wine or soft drink).

England will play on the following dates, with tickets now available to book online.

Monday, November 21st

Friday, November 25th

Tuesday, November 29th

The evening fixtures I would say at least 2 hours before kick off .

especially the Friday one .

if it was open at 2pm would be packed with builders & scaffolders . ??

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Banner image

BOOK NOW

Monday, November 21st

Friday, November 25th

Tuesday, November 29th

Games on the Monday & Friday make for 2 long weeks. Perfect. 

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Surprised they haven't considered using the concourse(s) creating a fanzone(s) with a big screen or screens , especially given the timing of it and the obvious barriers to outside fanzones - could be a right little earner

Agree with this...would definitely compensate somewhat for the non summer 2022 fanzones as there should be in a normal year.

Subject of course to what other corporate or other events may or may not be on, throw open as much of the ground as possible to it...could you get TVs and standing room in the Heineken Lounge e.g.?

• Robin 1

I'd also add, other idea or two on it- feasibility of these may vary.

Not just Home Nations games- obvious but could cash in on e.g. the high number of Spanish students you get down here- plus Spain are a good watch most of the time anyway so may get a good turn-out if marketed right .USA, perhaps Canada too, Australia maybe. Sure others can think of more examples but a bit of Estrella or similar for the Spanish student audience- and again feasibility may vary!

Wonder if with slight creative accounting mindset on, whether it could in any way some of it anyway perhaps, be classed as community expenditure- bit of a stretch but bringing people together...clubs are part of local community, it's not technically tickets for the regular season- more allocated to that kinda thing, the bigger the profit on it.

Think on a side note, we do good work with making revenue from the ground and facilities- but can always do more IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

14 hours ago, TBW said:

They spelt Independence incorrectly on the image. And wouldn't there be an apostrophe on Ashton Gates?

Would also be best to show dates as Mon 21 Nov 1PM instead of Mon Nov 21 1PM so the date doesn't look like it merges with the time when quickly glancing.

??‍♂️

Oh no, it's the Grammar police...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not just Home Nations games- obvious but could cash in on e.g. the high number of Spanish students you get down here- plus Spain are a good watch most of the time anyway so may get a good turn-out if marketed right .USA, perhaps Canada too, Australia maybe. Sure others can think of more examples but a bit of Estrella or similar for the Spanish student audience- and again feasibility may vary!

I know that AG was the unofficial base for loads of Polish fans to watch their games in either the last WC or Euros. They were great, made loads of noise and generally enjoyed themselves. Must've brought a lot of money in to AG and surrounding boozers etc

21 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Surprised they haven't considered using the concourse(s) creating a fanzone(s) with a big screen or screens , especially given the timing of it and the obvious barriers to outside fanzones - could be a right little earner

Most likely the reason why they are selling tickets early , to see if its worth while to do the above.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I know that AG was the unofficial base for loads of Polish fans to watch their games in either the last WC or Euros. They were great, made loads of noise and generally enjoyed themselves. Must've brought a lot of money in to AG and surrounding boozers etc

That's another good shout, quite a few Poles in Bristol...could look to tap that one for Poland games- I reckon it could be a good earner if done well and not just for England games.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TBW said:

When is on official promotional material it should probably be pointed out 

Fare poynt, whell maid.

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

As someone who works publishing things online and in mass print, if I was making as many basic errors as these people do I would be sat on the beach by now

Fare poynt, whell maid.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's another good shout, quite a few Poles in Bristol...could look to tap that one for Poland games- I reckon it could be a good earner if done well and not just for England games.

Glad that's cleared up. I was unsure whether I should be supporting Kiwi or Cherry Blossom whilst buffing up the footwear in the water closet. 

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Understatement ( quite a few poles )

I would say xxxxxxx thousands of them 

On 25/08/2022 at 10:19, CyderInACan said:

Banner image

BOOK NOW

Monday, November 21st

Friday, November 25th

Tuesday, November 29th

If you are paying £6 to stand the drink is not really complimentary is it, I think I will stick to the duke with it's 4 screens and much cheaper prices, I think they have a bit of a cheek to be honest. Though I know it will be a great atmosphere and a lot of places in town already charge that for a pint. 

9 hours ago, pillred said:

If you are paying £6 to stand the drink is not really complimentary is it, I think I will stick to the duke with it's 4 screens and much cheaper prices, I think they have a bit of a cheek to be honest. Though I know it will be a great atmosphere and a lot of places in town already charge that for a pint. 

Can’t argue with you supporting your local boozer, the Duke is a top pub. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Can’t argue with you supporting your local boozer, the Duke is a top pub. 

Yes it is, they have the football on everywhere you look and a good sound system throughout the pub, it's a shame the sports bar feel they have to start charging, I know it's not a fortune but I hope this doesn't become the norm I mean most people going there to watch games will spend a fair bit on food and drink anyway.

• Like 2

I watched the one game there albeit in the outdoor bit in 2018, with some work lot.

Fanzone wise, sadly it was the Croatia game...lovely evening for it atmosphere and weather wise and like the Italy final in 2021 we couldn't have started much better.

As with the Italy game though, we were steadily pushed back and surrendered/lost the midfield and eventually control of the game. Happened Nations League semi final vs Holland too 2019 and to an extent, away to Czech Republic in 2019 for the Euro qùalifier. Football aside..

Entry was free iirc but again the outdoor bit, dunno whether they charged for the Sports Bar in 2018 or other tournaments. I do recall that in 2016 it was billed as the biggest indoor screen in Europe, dunno if that's still a thing.

• Like 1