IGNORED

Nige Selection Headache

OliOTIB

Blackpool on Saturday, looking forward to it. 

What does Nige do to the squad this weekend and moving forward. Wilson was obviously very impressive on Wednesday, and does he get the spot in the team as a natural RWB? Scott had a decent game against Diff, wouldn't dare to think Pearson would drop him ahead of it. 

Williams and Weimann in the stands on Wednesday, heard Andi is carrying a knock and Joe being rested.  Presume Andis fit for the weekend?

Does Antoine come back in to the 11 as we 1000% play better with more speed through the middle (hence our success with conway) but it would be unfair to drop Nakhi after a few decent performances.

Opinions?

Just now, deadredfred said:

Same team as Cardiff for me. If Weimann is injured then I’d bring Semenyo in, as long as he’s 90 min fit.

Try and keep as settled side as possible. 

Agree. Who plays as the no10/ link however if weimann is injured? Presume Alex would be pushed up into that role, with Kane playing WB? 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

Don’t want to see Scott at RWB as it takes away from his game. The sooner we integrate Wilson at RB the better imo. He can make the step up and he’s looking good, it’s about time Nige started putting players in correct positions. Scott and Massengo looked great as a duo against Luton and imo it was a better footballing performance than Cardiff, harsh on Williams but think these 2 just offer more overall. Absolutely love Semenyo so imo when he’s fit he needs to play, he also performs better away from home which is worth noting. Wells has been great and doesn’t deserve to be dropped but I think we’re all desperate to see that front 3 of AS, TC and AW. So much pace and power with real threats in front of goal. Nice headache for Pearson to have. 

Bentley 

Wilson Vyner Naismith Atkinson Dasilva 

Scott HNM

Weimann 

Semenyo Conway 

O’Leary, Klose, Tanner, James, Williams, Wells, Martin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OliOTIB said:

What does Nige do to the squad this weekend and moving forward. Wilson was obviously very impressive on Wednesday, and does he get the spot in the team as a natural RWB? Scott had a decent game against Diff, wouldn't dare to think Pearson would drop him ahead of it. 

Williams and Weimann in the stands on Wednesday, heard Andi is carrying a knock and Joe being rested.  Presume Andis fit for the weekend?

Does Antoine come back in to the 11 as we 1000% play better with more speed through the middle (hence our success with conway) but it would be unfair to drop Nakhi after a few decent performances.

Opinions?

Not sure Wilson impressed last night from what I’ve heard, might sound odd given he got an assist and goal. 

43 minutes ago, Negan said:

Don’t want to see Scott at RWB as it takes away from his game. The sooner we integrate Wilson at RB the better imo. He can make the step up and he’s looking good, it’s about time Nige started putting players in correct positions. Scott and Massengo looked great as a duo against Luton and imo it was a better footballing performance than Cardiff, harsh on Williams but think these 2 just offer more overall. Absolutely love Semenyo so imo when he’s fit he needs to play, he also performs better away from home which is worth noting. Wells has been great and doesn’t deserve to be dropped but I think we’re all desperate to see that front 3 of AS, TC and AW. So much pace and power with real threats in front of goal. Nice headache for Pearson to have. 

Bentley 

Wilson Vyner Naismith Atkinson Dasilva 

Scott HNM

Weimann 

Semenyo Conway 

O’Leary, Klose, Tanner, James, Williams, Wells, Martin

Gives us a competent wide man who can take his man on until Sykes is back. Not his best position but feel it is necessary. 

16 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Not sure Wilson impressed last night from what I’ve heard, might sound odd given he got an assist and goal. 

He was quite poor in the first half. Much more confident and effective 2nd half. Not sure it was enough to earn a start in the league 

The obvious answer is the same line up as against Cardiff or failing that the same as against Luton but with Wilson brought in to replace Sykes.

If Weimann isn’t fit that would be a major loss. I would suggest Massengo would be better further forward to replace him, with Scott and Williams behind. And that would still mean Wilson at RWB.

I would leave Semenyo on the bench to come on as an impact sub with 15-20 minutes to go, depending on the score by that stage. Dropping Wells from the starting line up would be very harsh given his combination with Conway.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not sure Semenyo if yet fit enough for a start but the 20mins he got at Adam’s Park will have been beneficial. My guess is that Nige will keep a settled team with AS on bench, injuries permitting.

You shouldn’t be commenting on the potential team. Just wait until 3pm Saturday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Let's be honest, it's a great problem to have. Feels like we've waited years for this. 

One thing I think is fairly clear, Chris Martin is not as effective when starting a game, currently. He needs to be brought on to protect a lead. 

I'd look to set up similar to Cardiff, but with the following changes:

- Wilson at Right Wing Back.

- Massengo and Scott central (Scott may have to cover Weimann in advanced role if absent). Possible that Matty James comes into midfield if Scott plays as the '10'. 

I'd like to see Conway and Wells continue up top (too early for Semenyo to start). 

*Edited - completely overlooked Joe Williams, which adds to the midfield conundrum. I'd expect Williams and Massengo, with Scott as the advanced midfielder.

Allowing Weimann time to recover/start on the bench, we certainly don't want to gamble on his fitness, as he is crucial. 

Edited by AshtonRobin21

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really hope Weimann is fit obviously but failing that would there be argument for a flatter 3 in CM of Massengo, Williams and Scott, largely same shape that aside and the partnership of Wells and Conway- think Scott better as CM than 10 type role

Yep, this.

Only those connected to the club know if Weimann is likely to be available on Saturday but if not, your suggestion makes sense with Wilson or Tanner coming in at RWB. I would assume the former, based on last night.

The only alternative sees James return & Scott remain in the wing back role.

Williams is a cert after being rested at Wycombe.

Be very surprised if Semenyo is anywhere near ready to start, having him as one of our subs is a huge bonus.

Edited by GrahamC

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really hope Weimann is fit obviously but failing that would there be argument for a flatter 3 in CM of Massengo, Williams and Scott, largely same shape that aside and the partnership of Wells and Conway- think Scott better as CM than 10 type role

I'd go for this if Weimann isn't fit for Saturday, we would be a bit more solid in the middle at least and a draw wouldn't be a bad result.

3 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Opinions?

Semenyo needs to earn the right to start, he hasn't yet, we contine with wienman Conway and Wells 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

You shouldn’t be commenting on the potential team. Just wait until 3pm Saturday. 

I’m not selecting the starting 11 - I’m just thinking that if everyone is available that he should go for his strongest team. Common sense really…………:cool2:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not selecting the starting 11 - I’m just thinking that if everyone is available that he should go for his strongest team. Common sense really…………:cool2:

You said you are guessing. You’ve replied on so many other peoples guesses for team news. You need to just wait until 2pm Saturday and then look at official site. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

You said you are guessing. You’ve replied on so many other peoples guesses for team news. You need to just wait until 2pm Saturday and then look at official site. 

We don’t know whether Weimann will have recovered in time for tomorrow which reinforces my view that without all the necessary info that there’s no point in fans predicting the starting 11.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Basically we have 9 players who will be first choice when fit. 

Bentley, Kalas, Naismith, Atkinson, Dasilva, Scott, Williams, Weimann, Semenyo

Then we have two places up for grabs between

Massengo, Wilson, Conway, Wells, Martin, James. 

Disagree, if nige has proved one thing then it's no player is first choice