IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo

Tim Monaghan

2 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

I sometimes wonder if HNM had a crew cut and was called Joe Smith, and had arrived here from Tranmere rather than Monaco, would he still be here now? Feel like he's improved since he arrived, but maybe only half as much as we expected, if that. 

I think he needs a decent midfield around him to flourish, probably as part of a 3. I wouldn't be surprised either way if he ends up:

a) playing in Europa League within 2 seasons

b) Moves to French 2nd Division and we never hear of him again

Great potential, but as others on here have said, his variability is huge.

It's the opposite, people would see him for what he is which is an effective young box to box centre midfielder. He joined us at 17, is now 21 and has improved in that timeframe whilst getting inconsistent opportunities and being played out of position for a season under Holden. The hype around him means expectations are higher which is why some consider him to be one of our worst ever signings (seriously?).

By no means perfect, but with the right players around him (as we've seen when played next to Scott and James) he can dictate the tempo of games. We need to replace his energy in the side, we need to bring in another midfielder who will carry the ball up the pitch and break through the lines. Only Scott does it, James and Williams don't as its not their style.

The G/A argument is moronic when evaluating a centre midfielder, especially one that we have seen time and again kickstart moves by breaking at defenders and turning our slow and casual tempo into one where defences actually worry about our attack. He's been inconsistent and a bit disappointing for sure, equally I don't think we've ever played in the style of football that suits him (ball on the floor rather than being lumped to wing backs/strikers).

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Who knows, Nige taking the chance to see Kadji might be over after last night and he might need to use Massengo again.  Probably unlikely, but I don’t think Nige would deliberately cut off his nose if he thought Han might do a job for a particular game or group of games.  Just watched the u21s highlights and it doesn’t appear that Han is strolling around.

Having HNM back in the first team could solve a short term (hopefully) problem. While I'm not a big fan of it, it would allow Scott to move to WB and still have energy and drive in MF. Or at least an option from the bench if Williams gets the nod.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Neither HNM nor the club have progressed as I would have hoped during his time with us, a parting of ways looks to be the best option for all.

Will be telling should he come good somewhere else… 

He doesn’t even resemble the player I saw make his debut.

one way or another he hasn’t progressed, who knows why, ability? Desire? Our inability to develop/get the best from him? 

good luck to him wherever he turns up next. 

Edited by Mendip City

5 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

I sometimes wonder if HNM had a crew cut and was called Joe Smith, and had arrived here from Tranmere rather than Monaco, would he still be here now? Feel like he's improved since he arrived, but maybe only half as much as we expected, if that. 

I think he needs a decent midfield around him to flourish, probably as part of a 3. I wouldn't be surprised either way if he ends up:

a) playing in Europa League within 2 seasons

b) Moves to French 2nd Division and we never hear of him again

Great potential, but as others on here have said, his variability is huge.

Maybe he hasn't improved as expected due to the coaching he's had since he arrived here? While at Monaco he would have been coached to play european-style football and he appeared in a Champions League match, the requirements for the Championship are quite different so it must have been confusing for a young player to have to change his ways after all the years he was taught previously? I think if he goes back to Europe he will be a success, he has the ability and works hard but City just haven't found a suitable role for him in the side

• Like 1

I support NP and back him, but disagree and disappointed with his stance on HNM and find it hard to believe he did not even make the bench against Lincoln.

Lots of fans on here very judgemental on his stance at not signing a new contract, but have no idea how good an offer that contract is. If its the case the club knew he would not sign a contract over a year ago, then they needed to either up the offer or sell him when the contract term still had value.

When Han has played, in general I think he has looked good (has had poor games like any other young player) and I think we could have had something special with HNM and Scott in the middle.

He has never really been given a consistent run in the team, and seeing he stated he came to us to get 1st team football, no wonder he has not changed his mind about signing a contract. 

If we continue our form where a single point could make the difference between staying up or relegation come the end of the season, it makes no sense to have one of our better players playing in the u23s just so we can have the likes of King Kadji Williams or who ever may be here next year taking his place just because they will be here, even if that means playing in the division below.

If nothing else good performances could put him in the shop window at the next window

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

If nothing else good performances could put him in the shop window at the next window

I expect he already has something lined up so no need to ‘ put him in the shop window ‘.

On another point, how ridiculous is it to give a player a 3 year deal and then only play him for 2 years because he hasn’t renewed ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

one way or another he hasn’t progressed, who knows why, ability? Desire? Our inability to develop/get the best from him? 

Think he like many midfielders we have or had, are best suited to a genuine CM 3. We deploy it so often but it seems like something that could bring out the strengths of some while masking some of their weaknesses.

In his case high energy, easy to expose if he's one of a pair but in a trio...you can get that different set of characteristics.

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

100% he will be a better player in a team that dominates possession but sadly with the players we have that team isn’t us. He’s a tidy, high energy player but we need more from him than he can give in terms of a goal now and again, assists and defensively. In our set up he doesn’t make a difference when compared to a player like Scott. Better for all if he gets a move.

40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I expect he already has something lined up so no need to ‘ put him in the shop window ‘.

On another point, how ridiculous is it to give a player a 3 year deal and then only play him for 2 years because he hasn’t renewed ? 

That's possible, but would not be surprised if that was the case, NP would just come out with, well he's already made an agreement with another club, so no point in playing him

Even if that's his plan, some good performances could put him on the radar of other clubs prepared to pay a fee

Sure there is a lot more to this than us fans know

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

100% he will be a better player in a team that dominates possession but sadly with the players we have that team isn’t us. He’s a tidy, high energy player but we need more from him than he can give in terms of a goal now and again, assists and defensively. In our set up he doesn’t make a difference when compared to a player like Scott. Better for all if he gets a move.

Don't think we have a better player than him for breaking up play and making interceptions, if he then plays it Scott as the playmaker that fine, also HNM rarely gives the ball away

• Like 2