IGNORED

Four Goalscorers

James54De

Five. Chris Martin got 12 goals in the league last season, and 1 so far this year. 

Don’t get me wrong, he’s currently 5th choice, but he scores goals. 

Personally I’d look to keep the same line up. Semenyo is still coming back to fitness and his performances off the bench are explosive vs tiring defences. Give Conway, Wells and Weimann Saturday, with Semenyo after 60 and then let’s see.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Rotate them

With the increase in substitutions we can utilise those off the bench with greater impact 

I don’t like this rotation stuff. It’s nice the have options but at the end of the day some are better, at this stage in their careers at least, than others.

Would be harsh to drop Conway but Semenyo proved it last season and has started to again this, he is our best attacker along with Weimann. And it looks like Wells at the moment for the third spot.

We know the better players currently and if all fit they should play with Martin and Conway impacting off the bench.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Rotate them

With the increase in substitutions we can utilise those off the bench with greater impact 

I don’t think NP is a believer in ‘rotation’

Hes made it abundantly clear in a number of interviews recently that

If you’re not in the side , work hard to get in it

If you are in the side , work hard to keep the shirt

Thats not to say he won’t have to tinker and change with injuries etc , but in essence he’s saying , if you are in the side , work hard and play well , and you keep it

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I don’t think NP is a believer in ‘rotation’

Hes made it abundantly clear in a number of interviews recently that

If you’re not in the side , work hard to get in it

If you are in the side , work hard to keep the shirt

Thats not to say he won’t have to tinker and change with injuries etc , but in essence he’s saying , if you are in the side , work hard and play well , and you keep it

The one exception here, and correctly, is Joe Williams. We know he has to be rotated out in order to manage him but he’s in the following weekend (correctly IMO). Maybe if a CM had a stormer midweek it might be different but that to me is the exception that proves the rule

It’s just brilliant and let’s enjoy it while we can.

I think if you asked all the championship defenders who out of the 4 they’d least like to mark, it’s got to be Semenyo. Although he had a couple of bad touches when he came on I just knew if he got the ball around the edge of the area he’d score and there would be nothing they could do about it.

He will definitely be playing top flight football before too long

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Weimann was very deep tonight, especially in the first half, he was playing alongside Scott. I would rather have him back behind the front two, who ever that might be.

Andi had a very quiet game tonight.

Most of his work came from being disciplined in not letting Russell get on the ball, and running him all over the pitch when we had it.  Russell was fooked after an hour.  Job done Andi.  He hit the post early on too.

It allowed James and Scott to follow their CM opponents into slightly wider positions without fear of leaving the centre of the pitch empty.  Scott and Conway doing a good job on their side CBs when Hogg dropped in deep.

Earned his wages tonight, just he’s been so good it feels like he wasn’t very good tonight….but he was perfectly fine.

• Like 3

Yeah Semenyo has to start now for me. If only for 60 minutes. Without doubt our best attacker overall. Must be an absolute nightmare to play against because he literally has it all. The only thing we were missing from him 12/18 months ago was finishing… that’s not a problem anymore. Weimann always has to play as well so unfortunately one of Conway and wells has to be dropped. Over to you Nige! 

• Hmmm 1

17 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The one exception here, and correctly, is Joe Williams. We know he has to be rotated out in order to manage him but he’s in the following weekend (correctly IMO). Maybe if a CM had a stormer midweek it might be different but that to me is the exception that proves the rule

Id be happy enough for him and james to rotate with each other,,, i dont think either can do tuesday to saturday,,, but i also dont think either are good enough as starters for a team who want to be pushing for the play offs/ top half of the table.

21 hours ago, Selred said:

Five. Chris Martin got 12 goals in the league last season, and 1 so far this year. 

Don’t get me wrong, he’s currently 5th choice, but he scores goals. 

Personally I’d look to keep the same line up. Semenyo is still coming back to fitness and his performances off the bench are explosive vs tiring defences. Give Conway, Wells and Weimann Saturday, with Semenyo after 60 and then let’s see.

I'd leave Conway out because he looked like the sequence of games had caught up with him.

Only decision then is Semenyo ready to start wgich is a decision only Nige and Dave Rennie can really make. If he isn't ready, I'd start Martin. 

Conway can be the player to make an impact too.