IGNORED

Has the start to season changed our hand..

BCFC1512

With deciding if to cash in on AS, HNM or Semenyo? With the start we’ve made I think SL will wait till January even if a ridiculous bid comes in. Had we started poorly we may of been under more pressure to sell. 

now come January if we are still if the top 6 mix we can possibly gamble and keep all till the summer, or if we’ve fallen away and look safe mid table then cash in on certainly HNM.

• Like 1

If someone had offered a big sum either Scott or Antoine would have gone, nothing to do with results, our financial position dictates.

What might have been a blessing is Semenyo not playing them all, as if he had 8 goals by now someone would have bid & Tommy C wouldn’t have got a run.

• Thanks 1

I think Semenyo is almost definitely fated to end up at a mid table Prem side like Palace, Leicester or Southampton provided we don't get promotion this season.

I'd like to think though that it's too late in the window to sell him now, barring an absurd offer. Our strong start to the season gives Pearson a bit of leverage over things like that with the board.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think a top 8 run (certainly top half anyway) isn't unrealistic and keeping players like Semenyo is essential to maintaining our form. 

If Semenyo keeps scoring at the rate he is now and keeps injury-free I can see us getting big offers for him in January which will give the club a dilemma if we're doing well. Scott is younger so has more time, he will be happy to stay here and get games under his belt.  Massengo will be near the end of his contract so a small bid in January may be accepted if we have someone else lined up.

I have said before that if we look in a strong position (top 7/8?) that Han would sign a contract. I think a couple of others would be looking to extend too.

It's worth noting though that we have 4 tough games in September against teams that are likely to be more clinical than our opposition so far. 

Things could look very different then.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have said before that if we look in a strong position (top 7/8?) that Han would sign a contract. I think a couple of others would be looking to extend too.

It's worth noting though that we have 4 tough games in September against teams that are likely to be more clinical than our opposition so far. 

Hopefully Blackburn will sell Brereton-Diaz today. That would make them considerably less “clinical” as last season proved, when they slumped with him out injured.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I’m just getting the cliché box down from the loft. Yep, here it is , ‘ there are no easy games in the Championship ‘

People were saying our debut to the season was an easy one but I disagree. Newly promoted clubs often carry momentum over into the new division and apart from them we have played, and beaten, two play off teams.

It is ‘ early doors ‘ ( filed under E ) and we need to perform all season, even when Winter bites , but we have some very exciting, talented players at the club who believe that we can get promoted. 
Let’s enjoy the ride ( filed under R) 

7 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Hopefully Blackburn will sell Brereton-Diaz today. That would make them considerably less “clinical” as last season proved, when they slumped with him out injured.

Him moving has been mooted for two seasons now, there is something about him that puts other teams off paying what Blackburn want for him.

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Semenyo is almost definitely fated to end up at a mid table Prem side like Palace, Leicester or Southampton provided we don't get promotion this season.

I'd like to think though that it's too late in the window to sell him now, barring an absurd offer. Our strong start to the season gives Pearson a bit of leverage over things like that with the board.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think a top 8 run (certainly top half anyway) isn't unrealistic and keeping players like Semenyo is essential to maintaining our form. 

Nige said pretty much the same thing and that there’ll be be no in’s or outs before the window shuts. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

If Semenyo keeps scoring at the rate he is now and keeps injury-free I can see us getting big offers for him in January which will give the club a dilemma if we're doing well. Scott is younger so has more time, he will be happy to stay here and get games under his belt.  Massengo will be near the end of his contract so a small bid in January may be accepted if we have someone else lined up.

If Semenyo keeps scoring at the rate he is now.... He'll end up getting about 120 goals & I'd like to think that might mean that we'd be offering him Premier league football, here..! 

• Like 2