IGNORED

Sam Bell

redpole

He missed out on the Wycombe game because he was recovering from a knock.

In both cup games we didn’t field a full bench (8 instead of 9) so if he’d have been fit he would have been involved, like he was at Coventry when he got on as a late sub.

Lot of talk of Towler going out on loan today but wondered if he might, our small numbers overall could be the only reason not, I guess.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

In both cup games we didn’t field a full bench (8 instead of 9) so if he’d have been fit he would have been involved, like he was at Coventry when he got on as a late sub.

Lot of talk of Towler going out on loan today but wondered if he might, our small numbers overall could be the only reason not, I guess.

I think the club are trying to get Bell a loan at a decent level.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the club are trying to get Bell a loan at a decent level.

If they have arranged one, it makes sense to ratify that deal as late as possible in case we do lose Semenyo today. Bell would then be our 5th choice striker.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I wondered if we would see loans for Bell, Towler and Owers? They all need game time and experience.  Kadji and Pring also but the squad is to small for to many loans. 

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

If they have arranged one, it makes sense to ratify that deal as late as possible in case we do lose Semenyo today. Bell would then be our 5th choice striker.

From Tin mans comments last night sounds like Seb Palmer-Houlden is going to be training with the first team squad as they’ve been impressed with his numbers while on loan. 

22 minutes ago, redpole said:

I wondered if we would see loans for Bell, Towler and Owers? They all need game time and experience.  Kadji and Pring also but the squad is to small for to many loans. 

I can see Bell, Towler, and Owers all going on loan today.

As you say, they all need game time at a decent level.

Can't see Kadji going anywhere at the moment and Pring is established here and had enough loans, he'll hopefully get his chance during the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southbristolred1 said:

Would like to see Bell stay, the way we play our forwards will do a lot of running. He could be a valuable squad player and could give the likes of Conway\ Wells\ Semenyo/ Weimann a good rest, especially in last 20 mins.  

For me, Bell is currently too lightweight for the Championship, its a physically demanding division - Conway has been beaten up most games but he's toughened up this season and can cope with it. Bell needs to get regular games where he can build up to cope with the physical demands.

I'm not really sure what level would be good for him, maybe L2/National League (not a lot of difference really).

2 hours ago, redpole said:

Pring's been out on loan 8 times and he's 25 next birthday, so he's had plenty of experience and he's too old to improve by going out on loan now.

If - and it's a big if - Nige doesn't see him in his plans now you'd have to think his next move away from AG will be a permanent one.

• Like 2