IGNORED

January

Rocking Red Cyril

Ok we have kept the crown jewels through another transfer window. Ok we are showing the signs of progress in good form and results. Let's see a situation where we are top 6 after Xmas results. Scott, Semenyou, Conway, Massengo have registered a lot of interest in other clubs . How do we keep those three from going to lucrative offers from bigger clubs  likely in Prem. In Jan. window? Unless we really look like promotion is a big possibility. But we all know we are 3 players short, at least. For a serious promotion team. My worry is we really get it on now to Jan. Then  those guys mentioned are sold . But for a nicely increased price tag than is currently being stated. So more players incoming , likely. I am over confusing this ?

But certainly something to look forward too I think ?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Ok we have kept the crown jewels through another transfer window. Ok we are showing the signs of progress in good form and results. Let's see a situation where we are top 6 after Xmas results. Scott, Semenyou, Conway, Massengo have registered a lot of interest in other clubs . How do we keep those three from going to lucrative offers from bigger clubs  likely in Prem. In Jan. window? Unless we really look like promotion is a big possibility. But we all know we are 3 players short, at least. For a serious promotion team. My worry is we really get it on now to Jan. Then  those guys mentioned are sold . But for a nicely increased price tag than is currently being stated. So more players incoming , likely. I am over confusing this ?

Relax and just enjoy what we have at the moment compared with the junk times of previous CEO et all!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

If we’re top 6 come January then I think we should gamble! And keep them. If we fail then on we start next season - points but if we go up wow!!! BUT!!!

let’s just all calm down hahaha we’ve got Norwich and Burnley away coming up let’s see where we are end of September. 

IE take one month at a time 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Fuber said:

No much if he cant get in the squad or start to be honest.

Think its more likely we sell in Jan for a nominal fee i.e £1m.

I do think some of that is contract situation - Nige has said he’ll use players if / when he needs to.  At the mo’ Han is giving him an easy decision not to start him.

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Right now I would be thinking if the firm continues then the only reason to sell anyone is to not get an ffp points deduction. And who knows in January Webster Brownhill Kelly and even Aylng could yield a sell on. 

Exciting times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loderingo said:

One thing I've been wondering is whether it would be possible to fill the FFP hole by then if we get higher attendances or if we beat Lincoln and get a big 6 team

Reduce but not fill IMO, based on what we know and can reasonably extrapolate.

Of course there are unknowns, such as a) What are our true Covid losses- if SwissRamble was right then we may just be compliant as it stands (that account did a quick extrapolation of £17-18m in Covid hit across 2019-20 and 2020-21) b) Can we e.g. exclude Baker wages for this year? My view is it'd be fair. c) Will the EFL accept transfer add-backs. d) You could get a scenario whereby Brownhill DOES go, the hole is much reduced and a big 6 game and a successful season on the pitch scrapes us to compliance.

If it's really tight then perhaps your scenario would work.

I'd rather if the potential deduction isn't too big though, keep if we're in a good position and hope to find compliance somehow albeit in a way that is deemed acceptable.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Watching Scott today I do think that if any Prem scouts thought, nah let's just wait and see with this lad...they're effing idiots. He's ready.

Scott was superb in the middle today. I don’t want to see him deputising at RWB, although he can do a job there. Get him in the middle and let him run the show. He’s already a £20m player IMO, and could be worth a lot more in May.

Fair number of our players have their contracts up this season, and are playing for their next one even if not with us. As we saw the season before last at the end that can go pear shaped very quickly.

Odds are against us. Some big boys can throw £25m at it in January if they are well in the mix. So much can go wrong, and well, it’s been 8 games.

Right now, winning playing some cracking football is much better than the alternative. Enjoy the moment, what happens happens, and heck, sure, let’s dream a little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Let’s worry about that in December & enjoy what’s happening now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I do think some of that is contract situation - Nige has said he’ll use players if / when he needs to.  At the mo’ Han is giving him an easy decision not to start him.

Agreed, a part of me think he feels his time at City has run its course and feels its more cultural than football reasons, I.e. moving back to France wouldn't shock me.

It's a possible self fulfilling cycle aside anyway, he may not sign on citing lack of game time, but due to said contract situation, and the form of James, Williams, Scott, how do you start him?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TomF said:

If we are top six at Christmas would half season tickets with possibility of PL football season after be much revenue boost and like wise early bird in March. We did that to success in the GJ play off season I recall ? Ended up with 18k season ticket holders year after 

I think the club should take a leaf out of Pompey's book and offer 20/19/18 game season tickets and so on. That way you will hit people's sweet spot at some point, and the attendances will build up over that period between now and Xmas.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

If we are top six at Christmas would half season tickets with possibility of PL football season after be much revenue boost and like wise early bird in March. We did that to success in the GJ play off season I recall ? Ended up with 18k season ticket holders year after 

Got to be worth looking at, but would a failure to get promoted not just see a drop back to usual levels, and if we are close to a position where we might be challenging there could be more money generated by selling out to non season ticket holders.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

Problem is, the people that are willing and can afford, to commit to a season ticket in the summer, did so not having a clue how the season would pan out, and lets be fair, we all expected a season of struggle. If the fairweather fans know they can wait until 5 or 10 or 20 games in to see how the land lies before committing then who in their right mind would spend their hard earned cash in June?

On 04/09/2022 at 10:21, TomF said:

That's an idea. Would definitely potentially boost revenue, half season tickets- maybe really push it with some kind of while not making existing season ticket holders lose out of course, some kind of reduction- across the board that is- on what would have been paid IF promotion achieved.

The other bit, do you mean accounting for some of the revenue from STs that might have arisen in 2023-24 in this season 2022-23? However if we're doing well maybe worth considering yeah.