IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Blackburn [A] reviewed .... Sweet dreams are made of this !

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/blackburn-a-review-sweet-dreams-are-made-of-this/  [Also on Google, Spotify, Apple]

Eight games into the season, 6 undefeated in the league and City find themselves nestled in the play off zone after this convincing win against Blackburn Rovers - the one goal margin of victory not reflective of City's overall superiority throughout the game.

Nige kept the same team and was rewarded when Wells & Conway gave City a two goal cushion with goals either side of half time. Blackburn hit back with the first of their two goals which highlighted City's underlying frailties but within a minute Wells had got his 2nd to restore the advantage with technology rewarding him rather than Naismith whose finish was emphatic.

DaveP hosts Ian, Mark and Lezz who are in buoyant mood recalling the action and conversation switches to whether this start can be maintained and what decisions might have to be made if we occupy a similar position at the turn of the year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Well done guy's.......excellent podcast, and always on the ball.  OSIB and 3Peeps, 24 hours after the game  has finished, still haven't produced anything?      Congratulations for always being first to report ? 

Thanks Max. We're just evangelists spreading the love. 

Edited by Curr Avon

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Why do you guys let Ian speak to you all in such a disrespectful manner?

It's a real turnoff

The way I see it, Ian is a straight talker, and I just carry on regardless. The show must go on and we each call things as we see them, in our own inimitable style.

Edited by Curr Avon

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

The way I see it, Ian is a straight talker, and I just carry on regardless. The show must go on and we each call things as we see them, in our own inimitable style.

Mark you are chatting away and there is a little kid in the background making clock noises. Absolutely weird.

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mark you are chatting away and there is a little kid in the background making clock noises. Absolutely weird.

Yep, he’s rude…a bit of common courtesy is not much is it.  Everyone must be completely silent when he’s talking, yet he can’t do the same back.

I think Dave should hit the Pussycat Doll button again the next time he speaks! ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, he’s rude…a bit of common courtesy is not much is it.  Everyone must be completely silent when he’s talking, yet he can’t do the same back.

I think Dave should hit the Pussycat Doll button again the next time he speaks! ???

During last night's episode I informed Ian that he'd overlooked Scott's invaluable contribution to the first two goals. Brilliant composure under pressure, and Alex did well too!

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No surprise, he overlooks the finer points of most games. ??‍♂️

I couldn't overlook those Dave. For the first goal, Scott appeared to be boxed in to the right of our penalty area, before having the barefaced cheek to dribble through two Rovers players, turn into traffic and play a forward pass to Weimann. So assured.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Why do you guys let Ian speak to you all in such a disrespectful manner?

It's a real turnoff

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Well said , he is incredibly rude , and thinks it’s his podcast

His loud audible groan when Dave mentioned OTIB was hilarious

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Taking of podcasts, anyone listen to the 3 Peeps one lately? Matt’s continual use of the words “ a celeb” when referring to a celebration is Brent esq ? What’s that about?

Listened this morning, didn't notice it and haven't before.

37 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Taking of podcasts, anyone listen to the 3 Peeps one lately? Matt’s continual use of the words “ a celeb” when referring to a celebration is Brent esq ? What’s that about?

Didn’t notice it was a common thing. Thanks for the pick up, I’ll watch out for it now. Cheers from the Brent Meister General

• Haha 1

Despite being rudely interrupted by the 'club owner / manager', Lezz made a valid point that if Blackburn couldn't get offers bigger than £12 million for Brereton Diaz, a proven International striker with a year left on his contract how on earth are we going to get £20 million or so for Semenyo. Bearing in mind their ages and contract situations are similar plus many clubs were desperate to sign a striker in the window just gone. Look where Premier League clubs do their business...it's not the Championship.

Mr Gay also stated that obviously Massengo is unwilling to sign a contract as he will get more as a free agent next year. As Massengo's wages are already higher than the norm (allegedly) he is unlikely to get an improvement on that from a club here or indeed France where clubs have less money after their TV deal collapsed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

. As Massengo's wages are already higher than the norm (allegedly) he is unlikely to get an improvement on that from a club here or indeed France where clubs have less money after their TV deal collapsed.

We don't know how much HNM has been offered by us but I would say 100% it's less than what he's on at present. How much would we accept for HNM in January when the period left on his contract has been further reduced? HNM will know from his agent what other potential offers he has on the table and I would suggest they are better than any revised terms with us otherwise why not sign as he loves being here [?]. I hazard a guess and say HNM is happy to run down his contract here with the potential buying club saying something along the lines of "we're happy to give you a £500k signing on fee spread over your new contract with us rather than pay that sum to your club". Feasible?

26 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We don't know how much HNM has been offered by us but I would say 100% it's less than what he's on at present. How much would we accept for HNM in January when the period left on his contract has been further reduced? HNM will know from his agent what other potential offers he has on the table and I would suggest they are better than any revised terms with us otherwise why not sign as he loves being here [?]. I hazard a guess and say HNM is happy to run down his contract here with the potential buying club saying something along the lines of "we're happy to give you a £500k signing on fee spread over your new contract with us rather than pay that sum to your club". Feasible?

Agree with line one.

His agent is his Dad (allegedly) and if there are offers on the table then the club are not aware of them.

re your last line, I may be wrong but all players get a signing on fee (I suspect Weimann and Baker did as they were in a similar position and out of contract). In your scenario a £500,000 signing on fee spread over a 4 year contract is about £2,400 a week...not really a game changer.

Personally I think he is being poorly advised and would be better off signing the contract with us as he could be in for a 'shock' next summer. Championship wages are generally decreasing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Let’s not forget any new club will need to pay compensation to Bristol City***

(***assumes we offer him a contract of at least the same standing as his current deal)

One of the rumours (and it is just that, a rumour) is that we’ve offered him the same as what he’s currently on.  I can only assume from this that what he’s currently on was over the odds at the time he signed.  I do accept the reasons we may have done that though.  

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Agree with line one.

His agent is his Dad (allegedly) and if there are offers on the table then the club are not aware of them.

re your last line, I may be wrong but all players get a signing on fee (I suspect Weimann and Baker did as they were in a similar position and out of contract). In your scenario a £500,000 signing on fee spread over a 4 year contract is about £2,400 a week...not really a game changer.

Personally I think he is being poorly advised and would be better off signing the contract with us as he could be in for a 'shock' next summer. Championship wages are generally decreasing.

No, not all players get a signing on fee, depends on whether the buying club are trying to grease the wheels of the deal or not!!!  My gut feel is that for players below the PL-level signing in fees have fallen off a cliff.  Not saying Han won’t get one, but I doubt it will be the size of signing on fee he’d have got as a free-agent (albeit compo still to pay) pre-covid.  Imho. ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Despite being rudely interrupted by the 'club owner / manager', Lezz made a valid point that if Blackburn couldn't get offers bigger than £12 million for Brereton Diaz, a proven International striker with a year left on his contract how on earth are we going to get £20 million or so for Semenyo. Bearing in mind their ages and contract situations are similar plus many clubs were desperate to sign a striker in the window just gone. Look where Premier League clubs do their business...it's not the Championship.

Personally, I think Semenyo has more to his game than Brereton Diaz, and has a higher ceiling. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1