IGNORED

Alan Dicks article on local youth policy .

gavlin

Thanks to Steve Sutor’s facebook old football photos for this image.

This article was taken from the Green un in April 1972 . Four years before City gained promotion to the old First Division.

You have to give Alan Dicks a lot of credit for the youth set up he initiated in the early 70s . 
It worked last time , hopefully we are the road to the same happening again 

E9DC139E-D604-4E80-8BF2-4FB6DC47EB7A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What year?  DM me if you don’t want to go public

No probs.

I was in the same team as Gary Collier, Martyn Rogers (city and rovers) Martyn Britton (rovers), and a couple that went to Villa and Norwich.

Around 1970ish, five of us ended up as City apprentices, albeit not all at the same time.

Edited by bcfc01

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No probs.

I was in the same team as Gary Collier, Martyn Rogers (city and rovers) Martyn Britton (rovers), and a couple that went to Villa and Norwich.

Around 1970ish, five of ended up as City apprentices, albeit not all at the same time.

Collier’s years gets more than one page…enjoy…it’s a lovely book.  I had the first edition, signed by Steve.

• Like 1

Looking at the results in the paper I remember that season, we got off to a great start but sold Chris Garland to Chelsea early on (that's when a young Peter Spiring started playing in his place) and we sadly slipped down the table.

I was a student in London at the time and remember going to those defeats at Millwall and QPR, the Millwall game we were on MOTD and played well but went down to an own goal by Dickie Rooks after about five minutes, we played some great stuff for the next hour and Spiring equalised, but then we scored another own goal and at the end they caught us on the break with a great goal from outside the box by Bolland. In the QPR game Rodney Marsh was at his peak and took Geoff Merrick to the cleaners (no disgrace), I actually enjoyed watching that game although we lost such was Marsh's ability at that time.