IGNORED

Fixture planning

Cov 77

It was mentioned  on here yesterday that we have to go to Norwich a week Wednesday then Burnley on the Saturday which is pretty crap planning , not that anyone else cares I’m sure. 

With the two above added to the first four fixtures Hull, Wigan , Blackpool and Blackburn god knows the mileage but certainly not fan friendly , we then have 3 of the closest fixtures which large followings would be expected at  all together in one go , Birmingham, West Brom and Reading in two weeks from October 8th , I know it’s done by a computer but again not great planning it seems 

22 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

It was mentioned  on here yesterday that we have to go to Norwich a week Wednesday then Burnley on the Saturday which is pretty crap planning , not that anyone else cares I’m sure. 

With the two above added to the first four fixtures Hull, Wigan , Blackpool and Blackburn god knows the mileage but certainly not fan friendly , we then have 3 of the closest fixtures which large followings would be expected at  all together in one go , Birmingham, West Brom and Reading in two weeks from October 8th , I know it’s done by a computer but again not great planning it seems 

The fixtures aren’t ‘planned’ are they?  I don’t think there is somebody checking distances teams are travelling on a Wednesday and then Saturday. It’s just the way the fixtures come out. No planning happens as far as I know. 

The 72 EFL clubs some time ago voted long distance match's for mid week games,

that suits the 1st and 2nd division teams,BUT not Championship clubs

For those who drive to games, which I don't, best set of fixtures in a long long time at the start of the season

Hull, Wigan , Blackpool and Blackburn Burnley all SATURDAYS

Everyone should have had a good nights sleep,all games with a approx four journey time and a three hour day light journey back home.

Best set of fixtures in a long time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

I was having a similar chat with a mate at work last week. In an era when climate change is very much on the agenda, the FL would presumably be looking to cut their carbon footprint like anyone else. So why not, for example, play Blackburn (a) in midweek and Blackpool (a) at the weekend? Same with other games in localities.

I agree with you, it’s crap planning although many elements supposedly go into the ‘fixture computer’.

1 hour ago, tin said:

I was having a similar chat with a mate at work last week. In an era when climate change is very much on the agenda, the FL would presumably be looking to cut their carbon footprint like anyone else. So why not, for example, play Blackburn (a) in midweek and Blackpool (a) at the weekend? Same with other games in localities.

I agree with you, it’s crap planning although many elements supposedly go into the ‘fixture computer’.

Because clubs can't afford to spend days up at different areas of the country for multiple nights as well as finding facilities to use and secondly good luck trying to get players and staff to spend 3 nights away from families multiple times a year

• Thanks 1