IGNORED

Thomas Tuchel

phantom

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Summed up perfectly by Tom Rostance though:

I suppose the other question for Potter is how far he feels he can take Brighton and at what point he has "finished what he is building".

If you look at Rodgers at Leicester, for example, it seems like he probably reached a peak point with Leicester, stayed too long and is on a downward trajectory. 

Potter is in his fourth season at Brighton and will ultimately need to judge a point where he has reached the peak of what he can achieve and where he is unlikely to achieve any more by staying than damaging his reputation. Arguably Howe (at Bournemouth), Wilder (at Sheff Utd) and Dyche (at Burnley) missed the point where they could walk away with the maximum credibility and only Howe has recovered from that so far career-wise. Potter could might feel he can get Brighton into Europe and winning the Conference or Europa League or might feel he is at the peak of what he can get from the available resources. Certainly he'd realistically face a major challenge turning them into a consistent top four or five side given the budgets he is competing against. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Potter would be a very interesting appointment for them, but I was secretly hoping he’d get the England job if Southgate leaves after the WC.

Was my thinking also. Perhaps in part why Chelsea have made a move now.

I think he could get them playing some good stuff. He'd maybe make a better next, next England manager.

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Hopefully Potter takes over and buys Webster for extortionate money. Go on the Potter 

Potter is favourite and according to media reports having talks with Chelsea, with £20 million compensation. As Webster was rumoured to be going to Chelsea in the last transfer window, I think that there's a very good chance that he will go in January and reunite with his old boss.

Edited by E.G.Red

I’ve no interest in the money league so never look at the table. Just had a look though, and expected to see Chelsea in the bottom 3. 
No, they are 6th after 6 games and sack their manager.

What a joke of a club in a joke of a league. There is just no reality anymore in that League, it’s simply farcical.

Potter has to take it IMO. Even with putting the money aside......

1. You don't know when or even if, an opportunity like this will come around again.

2. BHA are currently riding the crest of a wave, whilst it's possible they could have an amazing season, there's a fair chance they fade away.

3. Even if he goes to Chelsea and gets sacked within 6 months, his BHA success won't be forgotten that quickly and he likely lands another decent job. 

Edited by Kibs

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

Nathan Jones a great shout for that job imo 

You're joking aren't you?  He's just a gob shite, adept at screaming at players on the touchline to be better.  It might work with lower league players given their opportunity at Championship level but doesn't with Championship let alone Premier League players. 

Can you see the likes of Dunk, Webster, Lallana, Welbeck taking him seriously?

• Flames 1

Very hard decision for Potter.  This is possibly his only chance to manage a top 4 side. We know that opportunities for English managers are few and far between. But surely he will also want to continue his Brighton project.  Personally I would take this opportunity now whilst it’s there.  If it goes wrong then he will still get a good job afterwards.  I think he will go. Rodgers wouldn’t be an awful replacement but has to be question marks over his inability to sort out his Leicester defence.  Steve Cooper would be a good appointment.  Kompany, Hassenhutl, Postecoglou are other options.  Bruno for internal.