IGNORED

Thomas Tuchel

phantom

Chelsea fan I know was a bit stunned about Tuchel getting sacked, thought it was too soon.

Digress, mentioned on the Webster thread if he does go to Chelsea then Webster (Kieran Maguire) would command a fee of £50m. For us that's 15 pct of profit apparently so £4.5m in the bank. January would be a nice time for it though unconvinced it'd be before summer 2023 at the earliest.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Chelsea fan I know was a bit stunned about Tuchel getting sacked, thought it was too soon.

Digress, mentioned on the Webster thread if he does go to Chelsea then Webster (Kieran Maguire) would command a fee of £50m. For us that's 15 pct of profit apparently so £4.5m in the bank. January would be a nice time for it though I still think summer 2023.

Less what we would have to pay out to Ipswich for their sell on , assuming they had one. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Less what we would have to pay out to Ipswich for their sell on , assuming they had one. 

I've always wondered how exactly it works down the chain. Think Ipswich had a sell on from his sale to Brighton.

Club A buys player and sells to Club B Pure profit in the bank and a 15% sell on clause.

Club B sells player at a profit to Club C. £15m profit so club A gets £2.25m in sell on clause. Club B inserts a sell on of say 15%.

The time comes when the player catches the eye at Club C and attracts the attention of Club D. £30m profit it is! Obviously Club C get their windfall and Club B get their sell on but what of Club A??

Plus is it and @Davefevs might well know is it profit on purchase price or profit on current amortised book value for sell on clauses...? This bit I've never looked into so much.

In fact in this instance...

Club A developed him and he was sold to Club B.

Club B sold to Club C.

Club C sold to Club D.

Club D might sell to Club E due to a managerial switch.

Clubs B and C have cell on clauses but what of Club A- or does the chain break for the previous club following the 1st sell on clause?

Found a link too that might be relevant..not read it yet.

https://www.linklaters.com/en/insights/blogs/sportinglinks/2022/january/play-on-cas-clarifies-the-permissibility-of-variable-sell-on-clauses-in-football-transfers

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A very odd thing to write on a forum I reckon. If we all went on threads that we weren’t bothered about to tell people then it would be a weird forum!

Not bothered*

*Come on, someone had to do it. It was an open goal that even Savage couldn't miss....

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

A very odd thing to write on a forum I reckon. If we all went on threads that we weren’t bothered about to tell people then it would be a weird forum!

It’s a Bristol City forum.

I couldn’t give a continental about Chelski, due to their awful fans and their corrupt former owners.

• Confused 1

I feel sorry for Brighton fans........but Chelsea have just made one of the best ever appointments in their history IMHO.  Potter is an exceptional manager and coach, and will transform them.  PS.  Note for Graham, Please Do Not    forget to buy Adam Webster for £60 Mill in January!! ?

Edited by maxjak

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I feel sorry for Brighton fans........but Chelsea have just made one of the best ever appointments in their history IMHO.  Potter is an exceptional manager and coach, and will transform them.  PS.  Don't forget to buy Adam Webster for £60 Mill in January!! ?

I heard it was £70 million. Inflation. Inflation. Inflation.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I feel sorry for Brighton fans........but Chelsea have just made one of the best ever appointments in their history IMHO.  Potter is an exceptional manager and coach, and will transform them.  PS.  Note for Graham, Please Do Not    forget to buy Adam Webster for £60 Mill in January!! ?

Had to laugh reading their forum. Generally they were pretty circumspect about it, one even saying they had raped and pillaged their way through the leagues so can't cry when it happens the other way round.

4 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

It’s a Bristol City forum.

I couldn’t give a continental about Chelski, due to their awful fans and their corrupt former owners.

It's bristol city's fans forum where we talk about football, as well as a number of non football related things on the subforums,

If you don't have an interest in a topic don't post on it