IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion….ridiculous over-reaction to something that genuinely affects a small number of people.

It’s the wrong decision , the world is carrying on people are at work together, you can go to a pub and have a beer , a restaurant and have a meal. For me either you have national mourning and everything closes for a set period or you don’t. If you want to mourn , that’s fine and your wishes should be respected , you don’t have to go to the pub, restaurants , theatre or sport. Would completely understand if the funeral was tomorrow but it’s not. 

Edited by daored
  • Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My opinion….ridiculous over-reaction to something that genuinely affects a small number of people.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Insane loss of money for travelling away fans across the country there. Mad

Just now, 2015 said:

Ridiculous decision. This country can be very backwards at times. 

I would wait to see why before making comments like above

We already know that it is a massive stretch on the police etc around the country, the last thing they needed was needing to allocate additional resources to a sporting event

Just look at it like it pissed down and the ground is flooded

We will get over it, people will be able to get refunds, yeah is a small inconvenience but not the end of the world

26 minutes ago, Selred said:

I get you. But he's King from the Queen's last breath. 

Yea I get that but there’s some sort of ceremony today/tomorrow isn’t there? Where the new anthem will presumably played for the first time - that’s what I was (badly) getting at.

I’m rambling now, forget it ?

The question now will be, when will the Preston game get played?

Next obvious gap is October 11th/12th - meaning we have 4 Home games in the space of 14 days, with a trip to Brum thrown in as well

After that, it looks like October 25th, between Reading Away and Swansea at home. 

After that, could be 2023 as the W/C schedule will kick in, which is less than ideal as we will also have FA Cup and potential league cup 4th round to deal with.

Busy times ahead. 

Edited by Sandhurst Red

Absolute joke to cancel this weekends fixtures. People can still pay respect at football. 
why are others expected to continue in their jobs yet footballer aren’t? And what are those whereby football is their life or job on a weekend supposed to do? Sit and watch the same monotonous shit on every channel regarding the queen for 10 days?

absolutely the wrong decision and it now makes the fixture schedule even more hectic having to rearrange said fixtures considering it’s broken up by a farcical World Cup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Really surprised by this.

I can understand if games are off today, just over 24 hours after the event, but the whole weekends program seems way over board. 

Exactly this. I'd totally understand things being cancelled yesterday and today but I don't feel it at all disrespectful to go ahead with a game of football.

I've also seen the Last Night of the Proms has been cancelled. To me, that feels even more appropriate to go ahead with it in the circumstances. 

Just now, phantom said:

I would wait to see why before making comments like above

We already know that it is a massive stretch on the police etc around the country, the last thing they needed was needing to allocate additional resources to a sporting event

Just look at it like it pissed down and the ground is flooded

We will get over it, people will be able to get refunds, yeah is a small inconvenience but not the end of the world

It’s not policing. If it was that then the Prem and Champ may be off but Stevenage against Sutton wouldn’t be.

Its just a ridiculous decision to pander to people who think we should all wear black and mourn for 10 days, yet still work.

• Like 1

I understand it from a respect POV.

I do not understand it from an economic POV. We are in a cost of living crisis, and we are stopping many many businesses generating much needed income this weekend. 

It'll affect a huge amount of low paid workers who won't get paid for the loss of football. 

• Like 3