IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Will the game be cancelled Saturday? 

Depends.

If she makes it through tomorrow then it won’t be called off even if she dies on Saturday am due to time to organise. If she’s gone by midday tomorrow though then I’d reckon it’s off.

Either way, the palace don’t need to say things and don’t do typically. So for any kind of statement to come out indicates that this is hugely serious, and when you ally that with Charles and William travelling up, it doesn’t look good.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Depends.

If she makes it through tomorrow then it won’t be called off even if she dies on Saturday am due to time to organise. If she’s gone by midday tomorrow though then I’d reckon it’s off.

Either way, the palace don’t need to say things and don’t do typically. So for any kind of statement to come out indicates that this is hugely serious, and when you ally that with Charles and William travelling up, it doesn’t look good.

I remember when Diana died pretty sure all games on that sunday were cancelled. Even my Sunday morning game was!

Just now, Super said:

I remember when Diana died pretty sure all games on that sunday were cancelled. Even my Sunday morning game was!

Not sure about Sunday - certainly businesses remained open as I was in a pub quiz that night. The football programme the following Saturday was binned, IIRC we were due to play Millwall  (funny how you remember these things)

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not sure about Sunday - certainly businesses remained open as I was in a pub quiz that night. The football programme the following Saturday was binned, IIRC we were due to play Millwall  (funny how you remember these things)

Yes but that was princess diana, she’d lost her hrh. 
the Queen is a different entity completely 

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Def Remember Liv v Newcastle on super sunday being called off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

I'd rather watch us play Preston. Not sure why matches need to be cancelled. Maybe thats just me

Thoughts with her nonetheless

Prob because some things are more important than a game of football.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I’d be happy to see William as King not Charles.

I think - whatever you think a hereditary monarchy - it would be absurd to have a hereditary monarchy and then arbitrarily change how it works just because the next person in line isn't particularly popular. The line of succession is clear and, under it, Charles should be next. 

I automatically assumed so but having looked it up the answer is nobody actually knows what the plans have in store in that regard. Football went ahead after King George died in 1952, and although sporting fixtures were cancelled after Princess Dianna’s death measures were subsequently found to be far too extreme. The answer though is probably yes. 

I hope not. The show must go on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think - whatever you think a hereditary monarchy - it would be absurd to have a hereditary monarchy and then arbitrarily change how it works just because the next person in line isn't particularly popular. The line of succession is clear and, under it, Charles should be next. 

I fully understand that, it was just a personal preference .

• The topic was locked
3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep he does.

Charles was overheard saying "I cannot stand that man, he is unbearable", when being interviewed during a skiing trip.

They all dislike him apparently, as do his colleagues. Never sure why Witchell has managed stayed in a job he apparently doesn't like for so long. 

• Like 1

I’m a little surprised that everyone is, apparently, hoping she’ll pull through.  I would have hoped with a 96-year-old that most people would be hoping for a quick and painless death, if she is that poorly.

No disrespect, but can we at least acknowledge that she is probably dying, rather than that awful euphemism ‘passing’.  Death is an inevitability, and we shouldn’t be scared of acknowledging it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1