IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I would expect all sporting events this weekend to be cancelled.

The country is in mourning.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I’m certainly not in mourning, I don’t think you can enforce an emotional state as profound as that onto people and stop them living their lives. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I’m certainly not in mourning, I don’t think you can enforce an emotional state as profound as that onto people and stop them living their lives. 

I think the words “in mourning” are symbolic and traditional, nobody is forcing anyone to feel anything 

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Man Utd game goes ahead tonight "following direction from the FA and UEFA"

It'll be for individual sports to decide. Will also depend on when the funeral takes place.

“Consideration in respect of EFL fixtures will be discussed with the Government and the wider sport sector during the period ahead and an appropriate announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity.”

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

you might not be on personal level but the country as a nation is.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

“Consideration in respect of EFL fixtures will be discussed with the Government and the wider sport sector during the period ahead and an appropriate announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity.”

I think it's pretty much a given that it will be called off

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

Hopefully they won’t due to the scheduling up to the World Cup. With no disrespect I really don’t see why the countries sport needs to come to a stand still.

Yes I'm sure they will take that into consideration. Jeez

Talk of postponing games needs to happen tonight, although I’m surprised there’s not already a protocol in place.  

Not really sure how I feel about games being off. I’m struggling to get motivated for the Bears game tomorrow off the back off this news, but less keen to see Saturdays game off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Hopefully they won’t due to the scheduling up to the World Cup. With no disrespect I really don’t see why the countries sport needs to come to a stand still.

Nobody this important to national identity has died in most of our lifetime,

I'm sure it all all be cancelled as a mark of respect

• Like 2

• The topic was unlocked
  • The title was changed to Will matches be postponed this weekend ?
12 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

You as an individual might not be but the country can be, it doesn't mean everyone is IMHO.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes I'm sure they will take that into consideration. Jeez

Didn’t mean to ask for a sarcastic answer but if you wanna be like that what I really mean is loads of people die every day in England I don’t see why everyone should mourn when she has no relevance to the likes of you and me .

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1