IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm amazed that following the death of The Queen that so many people are worried about a 90 minute sporting event taking place or not 

Well with deepest respect, the world and the living carries on. Plans would have been in place for people on the weekend, so there’s no harm IMO people being prepared to change their plans/travels.

Just now, Super said:

It's disgusting imo.

Disgusting? Really?

• Like 6

Just now, Lew-T said:

Well with deepest respect, the world and the living carries on. Plans would have been in place for people on the weekend, so there’s no harm IMO people being prepared to change their plans/travels.

Disgusting? Really?

So what if a game of football gets called off. It will be replayed. Sad.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm amazed that following the death of The Queen that so many people are worried about a 90 minute sporting event taking place or not 

I agree & its all part of the royal 10 days period of mourning.

part of me would love to be at Ashton gate Saturday belting out the national anthem though 

• Like 1

I think enforced cancellations of anything are wrong and I’m not sure The Queen would’ve wanted it.

People are sick of being dictated to after Covid - and the economy is in tatters. Cancelling events isn’t the right thing to do in my opinion and will cost the country an enormous amount of money.

Let people mourn if they wish, and if they want to stay away then fine, but it shouldn’t be imposed on everyone. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think enforced cancellations of anything are wrong and I’m not sure The Queen would’ve wanted it.

People are sick of being dictated to after Covid - and the economy is in tatters. Cancelling events isn’t the right thing to do in my opinion and will cost the country an enormous amount of money.

Let people mourn if they wish, and if they want to stay away then fine, but it shouldn’t be imposed on everyone. 

What if players want to mourn?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

So what if a game of football gets called off. It will be replayed. Sad.

It’s not about the game…

I said there’s no harm in people asking because some will be travelling from afar, arrangements etc. 

To label that disgusting is way OTT.

• Like 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’m aware emotions are running high, but can we all please remember to be respectful and cut out the abuse. :) 

Do so many of you really struggle to understand what was said above?

The majority of the comments in this thread were moved from the RIP thread because so many people can't be respectful 

People have already had bans tonight due to inappropriate comments being made, please everyone just keep it civil on this topic

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Do so many of you really struggle to understand what was said above?

The majority of the comments in this thread were moved from the RIP thread because so many people can't be respectful 

People have already had bans tonight due to inappropriate comments being made, please everyone just keep it civil on this topic

Sorry mate

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Great answer 

fancy making any relevant points to the conversation ?

No

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

43 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I think it seems unlikely, but I think it would be better to play the games and show respect to The Queen before KO.

I can't see sport going ahead though, although I think it should.

Could bring out a few idiots. I expect there will be many choruses of GSTQ out of respect, and some boos too (Liverpool, we’re looking at you)

• Admin
Just now, Super said:

Sorry mate

It's not against anyone in particular, of course we all have different opinions, at the end of the day the only thing we all definitely have in common is Bristol City 

I just personally think that lots of us are struggling with life at the moment, and should just be respectful of each other regardless of opinion 

I always think this thread is humbling and we should all remember 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

It's not really about that, irrelevant if people like the monarchy or not it's about the importance of who she was 

My gran was important to me, i didnt go to the football when she died. Just like I wouldnt expect Prince William and Harry to be going to the footy this weekend. Why nobody else can is honestly beyond me. But to me the whole idea of the Royal family is outdated and i appreciate people have different views

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A minutes silence and black armbands are fine as tribute.

Not trying to be flippant, but the optics are pretty terrible if the death of a monarch means the serfs have to take part in enforced mourning with no fun or escapism allowed. 

Fitting for the death of a dictator though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1