IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just to show I'm also affected by the death of the Queen. 

On Wednesday I was going to London with my new partner, those that know me or know my past will know how I got divorced and had many tough years where some days I really couldn't carry on. 

We were due to go away together for the first time together, on Wednesday afternoon we have VIP tickets to the Christmas filming of Live at the Apollo then Wednesday night I've booked a VIP box to see Phantom of the Opera. 

Thursday we were doing the tourist thing having lunch at The Savoy then going to The Natural History museum on the Thursday before travelling home. 

I'm obviously gutted that this time away is likely to be ruined, but in the great scheme of things we can go again one day if it's cancelled. I'd bet the family of the Queen wish they could see her one day again. 

For Saturday it's like a postponement, we're a bit gutted but we know it will be replayed another day. 

Sounds like a great trip you’ve got planned, it would be a shame if you miss out. I don’t think it will all be cancelled, you’ll probably still get to do some of it, hopefully.

Also, you could say you get to be in London at a time of great historic relevance. You can visit her resting place and pay respects, whether a royalist or not that’s something that may not happen again in some of our lifetimes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Monday 19th being mentioned as the day for the funeral, we'll all get the day off that day 

Agree with your last line about the song, it's no wonder people are saying the atmosphere is flat at the United game this evening. 

Maybe it's too soon but the footage on TV does not seem as emotional as when Diana passed away 

Diana’s death was different due to her age; and two young princes were left without their mother.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Golf and Racing cancelled (postponed?) tomorrow.

I don’t get why “stuff” can’t just go on as normal.

Does seem a bit over the top.....I have respect for the Queen,    and a couple of other Royal Family members...but life goes on.   I cannot see how it can be construed as disrespectful for events to continue?   The day of her funeral is the only day when all should possibly be halted? IMHO        

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I would rather we play so not disagreeing but honestly don’t think there is a hope in hell of it going ahead because this is a once in a life time event 

This may not be a once in a lifetime event. When Edward VII succeeded Queen Victoria in 1901, his reign lasted just 9 years.

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

No confirmation yet, this is an EFL statement.

I would be amazed if Prem Rugby don’t follow suit. 

I'm not expecting to go tbh.

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

Such a hard life to lead bless her ?? I don’t know how she copes.

How old are you?

26 minutes ago, TBW said:

Couldn't give a crap about the woman.

"Keep calm and carry on" is the famous saying is it not?...

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

So... she was a cock and we should just carry on with our lives.

I don’t know if your own Mother is still alive, but I’d hope she is/was shown a bit more respect. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Does seem a bit over the top.....I have respect for the Queen,    and a couple of other Royal Family members...but life goes on.   I cannot see how it can be construed as disrespectful for events to continue?   The day of her funeral is the only day when all should possibly be halted? IMHO        

I'd guess she had very strong links with horse racing, so that makes sense 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd guess she had very strong links with horse racing, so that makes sense 

Golf? & Cricket?     .......I obviously have no issue at all on the day of her funeral, but otherwise it all seems a little extreme IMHO

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies. I completely missed your point.

Basically he's saying we will not see another queen in our lifetime,

Where as you are saying this won't be the last Monachorum we may see die in our lifetime 

I think you both missed each others point

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Hopefully some common sense prevails. Yes by all means cancel everything on the day of the funeral but anything other than that really isn’t necessary IMO.

That’s a fairly promising statement I think. Reading the replies to that tweet, it’s clear most people don’t want cancellation. They need to listen to the fans.

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Hopefully some common sense prevails. Yes by all means cancel everything on the day of the funeral but anything other than that really isn’t necessary IMO.

We will pay our respects by allowing Daniel Johnson to score a penalty in the 96th minute.  Only 3 mins injury time were shown by the 4th official, but referee Andy Davies played an extra 3 mins for head injuries 2 seasons ago.

???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a fairly promising statement I think. Reading the replies to that tweet, it’s clear most people don’t want cancellation. They need to listen to the fans.

Indeed, but I’d be worried that the government will want postponement.  

I think binning off games tomorrow is reasonable, just over 24 hours on from the Monarchs death. 

15 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I don’t know if your own Mother is still alive, but I’d hope she is/was shown a bit more respect.

Was the Queen your mother? Anyone here's mother? Any single footballer's mother? The Football League's mother? No? Then what's the problem.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

Was the Queen your mother? Anyone here's mother? Any single footballer's mother? The Football League's mother? No? Then what's the problem.

She wasn’t my Mother, no. My Mum has passed away. 

She was the Mother of 4 children though, and they have my sympathy tonight. 

As I said, I hope people have more respect when you are in a similar situation, but you don’t come across as the sort of person who deserves any respect. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 5

I totally get having no love for the royals. I personally would much rather the country was a republic.

But the vitriol aimed at a lady who has just died is bizarre. Whatever I think of the monarchy, I can't think of anything to personally hate the Queen for.

I understand it more with somebody like Thatcher. But even then, at least let the woman be put to rest before acting like a ***.

• Like 13