IGNORED

Marcus Stewart

Marcus, who played for City as well as Rovers, Ipswich, Huddersfield and Sunderland has been diagnosed with MND, Motor Neuron Disease. This Saturday there is an All Star charity match at the Memorial Ground to raise funds for research into this awful condition. There are some big names playing so if you have a spare afternoon get up there and support a worthy cause. Scott Murray has got his boots out of retirement ?

Screenshot_20230511-222014_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230511-222109_Facebook.jpg

Edited by phantom
EDITED AS NOW MERGED WITH ORIGINAL THREAD
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 2

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does anyone know if you can pay-on-the-day? 

Not sure what I'm doing this weekend yet, but if I have time I'm tempted to go along, good cause and a chance to see Jacki play again! 

Must be able too!

13 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Marlon Pack playing also I believe. Also Matty Taylor (if you fancy a day out at Tent village)

Good cause

I know a few city lads going up there tomorrow afternoon so if anyone fancy’s a pint first midday there’s a few city lads having end of season drink in Nova Scotia around midday ?

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does anyone know if you can pay-on-the-day? 

Not sure what I'm doing this weekend yet, but if I have time I'm tempted to go along, good cause and a chance to see Jacki play again! 

Yes

Pay on the day ?

Did anyone else attend the charity game at the mem today? A lot of money raised for a great cause! On a (petty) side note I still can’t quite get over a 3 tier stand with what must be less than 1000 seats ?

10 minutes ago, BITW said:

Did anyone else attend the charity game at the mem today? A lot of money raised for a great cause! On a (petty) side note I still can’t quite get over a 3 tier stand with what must be less than 1000 seats ?

No.

I spent 6 hours in the Royal Oak however.

I am in bits. The Doris has done a range of food, and all I want is a Doner.

Send help.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, BITW said:

Yea was a good day out to be fair nearly 5k crowd hopefully marcus made a decent sum of money good to see scot murray in action again

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No.

I spent 6 hours in the Royal Oak however.

I am in bits. The Doris has done a range of food, and all I want is a Doner.

Send help.

We would have unknowingly crossed paths in the Royal Oak! 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have now had a kebab and got a second wind.

A bottle of rum awaits.

I dread tomorrow morning.

I've reached that point in life when a night like that must be followed up with 2x Rennies.

Good luck Sir!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, how did Jill Scott shape up?  Did any other women play?

Thought I saw that Michelle Owen played, either that or it was Michael.

Some good old 'uns trotting around along with a few players from other teams (Yeovil and perhaps Exeter) that I didn't immediately recognise. However, the stand-out was Scolesy. Top class even at his age and with a brain that is still several levels above modern players. Marlon Pack was there and covered some ground (not that this game was about box-to-box effort); Scotty Murray and his lad Jay were on for some minutes and were carving up the right flank when able.

Jill Scott came on a couple of times and there was a fair cheer for the former Lioness. She moved well and made herself available, passing neatly and moving the game upfield. There was a slightly spurious penalty given at the end and she whacked it straight in. Michelle Owen also had a couple of goes up front but was not making as big an impact (especially as she was the leanest player out there).

Speaking of lean, the best sight was the ref - he must have been near twenty stone and built like a Nose Tackle. Bets were being placed on which star player would collapse first but the book was closed when they saw him.

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Did Marcus come on for a short sub appearance? 

Marcus explained that he would be trying to speak to and thank as many people so it was best that he didn't play. Shame, as he looks well enough to run around presently, but there it is.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, for anyone who knows me, and for those who don't, on Thursday (along with Scott Murray) I will be taking part in a Skydive ? in aid of the Marcus Stewart MND charity appeal.

I'm doing it in memory of my dear wife Elaine. 

Scotty is doing it because he's bonkers!

Please click on link below to make a small donation. 

Thanks, Sid

https://www.justgiving.com/page/ian-lewsey-1682764915273?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=one_page&utm_content=page%2Fian-lewsey-1682764915273&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_term=2e1c52487f0a4991928145689e6e0ec2

• Like 6