IGNORED

City Shirt/Goalie Gloves Auction

Vespa Red

Mods, please delete or moved based on what you feel appropriate.

My wife died of secondary breast cancer in March of this year.  She spent the last 9 days of her life in a Hospice (St David's in Newport) and the care that she received was second to none.  The Hospice also cared for me and our 3 boys at a time when our world was being blown apart.

Because of the care they showed us, I have organised a Northern Soul/Motown/Ska/Mod all-dayer in Caldicot with all proceeds going to St David's Hospice.  DJs are donating their time for free, we've had loads of lovely raffle prizes, we've produced merchandise, we were even given a signed Wales shirt which went for £1500 at auction.  Tickets for our do sold out in 3 days.  

As part of the day, we have set up another auction and through the kindness of Mr Jon Gradwell of Portishead and the generosity of Mr Dan Bentley at Bristol City, we are auctioning 2 lovely items, a signed home shirt (current bids at £275) and some signed goalie gloves (current bid at £50).  The auction finishes at 11pm tomorrow evening.  If anyone would like to place a bid, please can you pm me directly as I am the auction master (although I won't be spouting the gobbledegook that auction masters spout).  Any bid is greatly appreciated

305608008_1036639707088426_5428773937429513835_n.jpg

305991379_5456077361147717_4216195051414537503_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Robin 6

• Admin
1 hour ago, Vespa Red said:

My wife died of secondary breast cancer in March of this year.  She spent the last 9 days of her life in a Hospice (St David's in Newport) and the care that she received was second to none.  The Hospice also cared for me and our 3 boys at a time when our world was being blown apart.

Because of the care they showed us, I have organised a Northern Soul/Motown/Ska/Mod all-dayer in Caldicot with all proceeds going to St David's Hospice.  DJs are donating their time for free, we've had loads of lovely raffle prizes, we've produced merchandise, we were even given a signed Wales shirt which went for £1500 at auction.  Tickets for our do sold out in 3 days.  

As part of the day, we have set up another auction and through the kindness of Mr Jon Gradwell of Portishead and the generosity of Mr Dan Bentley at Bristol City, we are auctioning 2 lovely items, a signed home shirt (current bids at £275) and some signed goalie gloves (current bid at £50).  The auction finishes at 11pm tomorrow evening.  If anyone would like to place a bid, please can you pm me directly as I am the auction master (although I won't be spouting the gobbledegook that auction masters spout).  Any bid is greatly appreciated

Firstly sorry to hear the sad news of your wife passing and I wish you all the best in hitting your target

Do you have a link where people can make a bid?

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Firstly sorry to hear the sad news of your wife passing and I wish you all the best in hitting your target

Do you have a link where people can make a bid?

We've only done it on Facebook so far Phantom and it'd take a bit of planning to set up another link due to privacy settings.  Hence the bids via me bit.  

• Thanks 1

Bit in 2 minds on this obviously its for a great cause and they fully deserve every penny they can get/raise, but ..maybe just maybe there are countless kids who would love either of your lots but there is no way they can get anywhere near the bids; said in hope that a winning bidder would donate either item to someone not so well off and therefore more needy.

Really sad news for you, re your wife, wish you strength in the coming days/weeks/months/years, dont know if I could get through what you are going through; best wishes to you and yours...and the fund raising.

2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Thanks for all of your interest and bids in regards to this.  In the end, the shirt went for £400 and the goalie gloves for £150.  We raised nearly £3,000 in total and it was a great day (if somewhat knackering...)

Do you have a crowd funding page so some of us can donate ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Thanks for all of your interest and bids in regards to this.  In the end, the shirt went for £400 and the goalie gloves for £150.  We raised nearly £3,000 in total and it was a great day (if somewhat knackering...)

Brilliant Vespa ,

And at such a difficult time 

Your wife would be very proud of you 

• Like 4

On 09/09/2022 at 11:16, Vespa Red said:

Best of luck to and your boys fella. If there is a fundraising page I would love to donate. All the best in the future. 

• Like 4

That you all for your kind words and generous offers.  If you would like to donate, which would be very kind, you can below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jonathan-russ5

The Twitch link didn't quite work out but people have still donated anyway.  The picture was of Andrea doing Amy Winehouse at a 40th birthday.  Captured her spirit perfectly!

Bless you x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

That you all for your kind words and generous offers.  If you would like to donate, which would be very kind, you can below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jonathan-russ5

The Twitch link didn't quite work out but people have still donated anyway.  The picture was of Andrea doing Amy Winehouse at a 40th birthday.  Captured her spirit perfectly!

Bless you x

All done ?

• Like 1