IGNORED

The non Preston North End at home match thread

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Oiks as in Villa fans like William, son of the new king?

As you well know I am referring to ordinary football fans not disrespecting the royal family. It was made clear by DCMS that there was no requirement in protocol to postpone sporting events except on the day of the funeral.

I endorse the FSA view that fans have lost an opportunity to show their respects. I'd be interested in an explanation from the football authorities as to why that was denied when other sports did not do so.

I can't imagine either that the royal family would want the FA to tell children they are not allowed to play matches this weekend, Prince William especially as patron.

A misjudgement all round in my view.

Edit: for the avoidance of doubt in my original post I was speculating on the motives of the football authorities not the royal family, who are blameless in the matter. Football authorities who have shown crass judgement on so many occasions in the past.

Even if I was inclined to be generous to them I would say at best they thought it was good PR.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1
  • Flames 3