IGNORED

why you should avoid trainline like the plague

Never to the dark side

Trainline agreed to refund all our split tickets for the planned strike date games without a quibble, even though they didnt have to (yet). Did so politely & quickly via a quick mail to their help desk.

I've had far greater problems in getting refunds for cancelled and delayed trains from GWR, who for some reason always get the value of the refund owing wrong yet strangely always in their favour.

Edited by BTRFTG

• Admin
10 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I'm a bit confused why you wouldn't use the site from this story though? I would bet that due to the TOCs of the tickets bought they probably didn't stand to get a refund (as per any site) but due to the scenario they have been given a voucher instead

I'm going to London next week, the site saved me over £70

Never had an issue and use it much more than user friendly and cheaper fares than the GWR site

11 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I never buy from Trainline V GWR because of the booking fee they charge. Used splitticketing, for the first time, to buy  tickets to Birmingham next month so will be interested in how that goes. 

In case not aware, there is no booking fee on Trainline if you buy on the day of travel. 

• Thanks 1