IGNORED

Norwich City away match thread

Just now, old_eastender said:

Be good to see Rob Atkinson switched to middle defender and Naismith put to LCB, where he played so well for Luton. His seemingly inevitable schoolboy errors less likely to cost us goals then. However, I fear NP may be a stubborn mule over keeping Naismith in the middle.

This, NP wants to play out, Atkinson is perfectly capable of doing that and defensively is better than Naismith, he (Naismith) would be much more comfortable on the left, and his lack of pace wouldn’t be so obvious.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Mistakes, eh, very disappointing but whatever.

We're actually enjoyable to watch... really enjoyable. Football is fun again and City are an exciting team, I'm enjoying the game and given the great chances we've also had we could easily be level or ahead based mostly on our own skill and endeavor.

100%.

I See no reason why we can’t go on and win the game. Challenge them Nige

• Like 1
Just now, Lew-T said:

100%

It’s amazing really the change in a relatively short time. We look so good to watch! Norwich know they are in a game.

Frustrating about the 2 errors but the signs are there, again.

Yep - Easier to work on decision making, and cutting out errors than finding a impactive style of play and attacking threat  Lew

We could go back to centre halves kicking it into the stands or as far down the pitch as possible in a desperate attempt to keep a clean sheet , and lose our football and threat

I know which I prefer !

( And which has more chance of success)

• Like 4
Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Yep - Easier to work on decision making, and cutting out errors than finding a impactive style of play and attacking threat  Lew

We could go back to centre halves kicking it into the stands or as far down the pitch as possible in a desperate attempt to keep a clean sheet , and lose our football and threat

I know which I prefer !

( And which has more chance of success)

Time to play and time to keep it simple.  

5 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Guys this is something we don't get here for a lot of years. This team has spirit, and character. I wrote off Naismith and I still do but this is not about Naismith.

This is about a lovely team full of youngsters that after 2-0 down, keep their head up, and they prove what they can do. They prove that 8 games unbeaten were not just lucky games. This group of players is something we never had for decades.

It is 2-1 ok, but this is an unfair score, we were the better team, and we play away. Trust me, Norwich city manager will not have a calm speech during half time, he is scared and he should be because we are CITY. 

I feel we can get back in game, but even if we don't, I can take this defeat, the way we could control the game the way we pass feels very confident to bring more goals. We will have Kalas back we have Semenyo also.

No matter what happens this game, but this will be a very interesting season, mark my words because I am a very pesimist supporter usually.

Qoute me and say if I am wrong. Maybe I don't know anything about footballs, but this is my opinion.

Didn’t you say you were turning off to watch the Man City game?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Be good to see Rob Atkinson switched to middle defender and Naismith put to LCB, where he played so well for Luton. His seemingly inevitable schoolboy errors less likely to cost us goals then. However, I fear NP may be a stubborn mule over keeping Naismith in the middle.

This seems a logical suggestion

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm sorry but Naismith is a liability that we can do without.

He’s also a ball player who makes brave passes - some will argue they shouldn’t be played from the back but he starts attacks and beats the press. Compare him to Vyner who is Mr Safety but only really passes to Sykes or backwards.

He needs to cut out the mistakes though, no excuse for the first one certainly.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If we ( Naismith) didn't make stupid defensive mistakes we would be a very dangerous team.

For the last 20 minutes we have made Norwich look decidedly second best. What is especially impressive is that we came back into the game by playing controlled passing football and creating chances, rather than just lumping it forward, as would have been the case in recent seasons.

Yep, in defence of Naismith (someone had to) we had little, to no, cover …. but they were horrendous mistakes for an experienced professional.

Frankly, we should be at the very least drawing. Several good chances not dispatched and numerous excellent crossing positions we’ve fluffed. Aside from their gifted goals, they’ve shown surprisingly very little threat or quality on the ball. We’re the better side by some distance. 

On 13/09/2022 at 21:32, elhombrecito said:

Only been to Norwich once. Had tickets to the game, and then England made the (rugby union) World Cup final and as we wouldn't make it back to Bristol in time to watch the game, me and @The turtledecided to stay overnight and watch the game in Norwich.

Turns out no bugger cares about rugby in Norwich so nowhere was showing the game! Ended up watching it in a bar, with a few other people, while everyone else drank and danced around us.

Strange place, Norwich.

Also the only place I've eve been kicked out of a club , to this day I have No idea why. (straight after my drunk was spilt at that)

So yeah, strange place.

There's also the small matter of my father getting married that weekend, but not telling me until after , as he knew I had tickets for Norwich away. 

Norwich away has quite a bit attached to it for a one and done.

What I will say is putting errors to one side after years of shithousing results away from home after getting battered whenever we play a decent side isn’t it refreshing to see us taking the game to a good side on their own patch and outplaying them for decent periods.

We might be getting carried away with our start to the season but it is clear we are heading in the right direction whatever else happens tonight.

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Trouble is he gets done for pace down the side 

28 minutes ago, red colin said:

Well been saying many times get him out of back 3 no good as last line how many more goals and points is he going to cost push him into midfield or leave him out.

If kalas & klose was fit then he’d have to be dropped. The first goal tonight was bad enough . Why he’s tried bringing the ball down there when his body shape was wrong to do it there. Should of gone out of play. Then passing across midfield there is brainless . Lucky we’re good going forward we’re still in this. Matty James having a blinder