IGNORED

Songs thread

DOZZYBCFC

Good evening fellow reds, I’m after some help!

I sit near the half way line in the Dolman stand and I love a good sing a long during matches.  However, I don’t know all the words to a number of our songs, particularly the newer ones.  Any chance someone could enlighten me.

On a separate but related note, is there any way that the singing section could sing a song more than twice. For example, they start singing “come on you reds”… by the second time more people are joining and getting into the swing of it…and then they stop! Could we not continue it beyond the first 2 times? 

And whilst I’m posting, might as well get everything down…do you not think it odd that we don’t have a song for all our  players? A player may be more motivated if they’re hearing their name in a song being sung by thousands. Do we have one for our 21/22 top scoring striker? He comes from Austria…must be able to create a song with ‘a sound of music’ theme?

Look forward to your comments. COYR!!

• Haha 1

Andi does indeed have a song, the Bowie Starman song. 

‘Andi Weimann plays in Red and White, he plays for Bristol City and he’s ******* dynamite.’

Not particularly interesting fact - me and my dad sing ‘he scores for Bristol City’ as the double use of ‘plays’ sounds a bit crap.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

‘Andi Weimann plays in Red and White, he plays for Bristol City and he’s ******* dynamite.’

Not particularly interesting fact - me and my dad sing ‘he scores for Bristol City’ as the double use of ‘plays’ sounds a bit crap.

Rebels!!! ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Oh ffs… I even sing this song. I’m clearly having a moment!! Thanks

ps I prefer your version too

• Robin 1

Agree with the poster..often haven't a clue what is being sung..may sound good but discerning the words is often difficult.

Did see the Bristol Bath match last Saturday...and hearing the rising sound of BRISTOL...very effective and created good sound....something simple can be equally as effective as songs adapted and unknown to many!!

• Like 1

Where to start.

• Alex Scott has his own song.
  • Chris Martin has his own song.
  • Wells has a couple.
  • Semenyo has one.
  • Bentley has one.
  • Baker had one.
  • Obviously HNM has one.
  • Weiman has one.
  • JD has one.
  • Conway has one.

A number of our players that have left had songs. Strangely never heard one for Kala's.

Give us a tune you don't know the words to and should be able to tell you the words.

I agree with your point about keeping songs going for a bit longer - feels like a lack of fitness for most fans, having sung a few words as fast as possible and then out of breath.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Where to start.

• Wells has a couple.
  • Semenyo has one.
  • Bentley has one.
  • Baker had one.
  • Obviously HNM has one.
  • Weiman has one.
  • JD has one.
  • Conway has one.

A number of our players that have left had songs. Strangely never heard one for Kala's.

Give us a tune you don't know the words to and should be able to tell you the words.

I agree with your point about keeping songs going for a bit longer - feels like a lack of fitness for most fans, having sung a few words as fast as possible and then out of breath.

O’Dowda has a new one! ?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Where to start.

• Wells has a couple.
  • Semenyo has one.
  • Bentley has one.
  • Baker had one.
  • Obviously HNM has one.
  • Weiman has one.
  • JD has one.
  • Conway has one.

It would be good if you or someone could detail the words for all the current ones…at one of the last home matches I thought they were singing Bailey Wright at one point!

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a song for all the other players you didn’t mention?

9 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

I saw Man City bringing back the yaya chant for haaland. our interchangeable front 4 fit quite nicely for this 

tommy, Tommy Tommy, tommy  tommy, tommy tommy conway

nahki, nahki…

andi, andi andi

antonie 

repeat till one scores ⚽️ 

I had to google yaya chant as didn’t have a clue! I recognise it as ‘no limit’ by 2 unlimited. Good suggestion though.

14 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

I had to google yaya chant as didn’t have a clue! I recognise it as ‘no limit’ by 2 unlimited. Good suggestion though.

Yeh you got it. Good fun chant and works well with those forwards I reckon. Decent song to keep up for a while and drive the team on as it were 

5 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

I sit near the half way line in the Dolman stand and I love a good sing a long during matches.  However, I don’t know all the words to a number of our songs, particularly the newer ones.  Any chance someone could enlighten me.

On a separate but related note, is there any way that the singing section could sing a song more than twice. For example, they start singing “come on you reds”… by the second time more people are joining and getting into the swing of it…and then they stop! Could we not continue it beyond the first 2 times? 

And whilst I’m posting, might as well get everything down…do you not think it odd that we don’t have a song for all our  players? A player may be more motivated if they’re hearing their name in a song being sung by thousands. Do we have one for our 21/22 top scoring striker? He comes from Austria…must be able to create a song with ‘a sound of music’ theme?

Look forward to your comments. COYR!!

Sorry,gave you the laugh emoji as i had had this image of Julie Andrews leading the Dolman singing section with The Hills are alive.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Sorry,gave you the laugh emoji as i had had this image of Julie Andrews leading the Dolman singing section with The Hills are alive.

No offence taken, whatever floats your boat. I’m sure someone can superimpose a pic of Andi dressed in  lederhosen :laugh:. I just enjoy singing down the gate, want to make sure I sing the right words and want to encourage more to do the same ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Perhaps S82 could issue song sheets and place them on all Dolman seats prior to each match. 

Don’t think this will work somehow…hence this thread. I would just like the words to the current songs so I can sing them to my hearts content. Would also be good to encourage some new songs for our newer first-teasers…

40 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Don’t think this will work somehow…hence this thread. I would just like the words to the current songs so I can sing them to my hearts content. Would also be good to encourage some new songs for our newer first-teasers…

Won't do any harm n could increase everyone's involvement and raise the atmosphere!

4 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Won't do any harm n could increase everyone's involvement and raise the atmosphere!

I was thinking about costs (environmental and physical). If there are people who don’t sing/don’t know the words to songs and can get them from this thread, it will be a win-win situation. Nigel has started to change the culture at the club, the team are performing well so let’s give an extra advantage by supporting from the stands in song…

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 16:53, DOZZYBCFC said:

Will give it a go - prone to getting a few slightly wrong but I feel your frustration (particularly when a new one gets sung and you can't really follow no matter how catchy):

The logical song - Scooter: His name's Alex Scott and he is so wonderful, he get's the ball, he's magical, beautiful. When he runs down the wing he's as fast as lightening, it's frightening and he makes the City sing. Do do do do do do etc.

Chase the sun - aka "the darts theme" do do do do do do... Chris Martin

Do wah diddy - ends; he looks good, he looks fine, Chrissy Martin's on my mind and he's City's number 9 (assume instead of running past the German's [Harry Kane version] we sing "running past the Cardiff")

• Wells has a couple.

Give it up - KC & the sunshine band (?) (we used to sing it for Marvin Elliott), now it's Nahki Nahki Wells, Nahki Wells, Nahki Nahki Wells.

Haven't heard another I don't think (I have missed a lot more games than I'd like to have this year mind you)

• Semenyo has one.

Don't know the name of the tune but nearly all other fans seem to sing "we're the xx boys, making all the noise, everywhere we go", it's that one.

Viva Semenyo, Running down the wing, makes the City sing, viva Semenyo

• Bentley has one.

Can't believe it is Chaka Kahn but... Chaka Khan - Ain't no body, like Dan Bentley, makes me happy, makes me feel this way

• Baker had one.

Based on the old Tinman chant, if we are to sing this for Baker at some point, I'm sure it'll be sung a lot & someone will post it somewhere. I can't remember most of it.

• Obviously HNM has one.
  • Weiman has one. (done, above)

Also tend to sing "Weimann's on fire" every now and again (freed from desire)

• JD has one.

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough - lots of do do do'ing ... Jay Dasilva (I'm pretty sure the rest is just the words from the actual song)

• Conway has one.

Don't you want me baby - Tommy Conway Baby

Some blokes behind us at Wigan were singing: Land of 1000 Dances (one of many Blues Brothers' songs in the film) - Na nana na naa nana na na... Tommy Conway

no one joined in, could have been catchy.

• Rob Atkinson (had one for a short time last year, I thought it was class)

Heaven is a place on earth. Belinda Carlisle - Oh Lansdown do you know what he's worth, Rob Atkinson's the best on earth, a brick sh!thouse, is just what we need, taking City to the premier league.

On 13/09/2022 at 16:53, DOZZYBCFC said:

And whilst I’m posting, might as well get everything down…do you not think it odd that we don’t have a song for all our  players? A player may be more motivated if they’re hearing their name in a song being sung by thousands.

Totally agree, although the length of time players stay around probably makes that less likely though. Sykes for example, I'm not going to put forward a suggestion but he puts in a shift every time he's out there and is absolutely done by the time he gets subbed off, chanting his name could give him an extra bit of fuel. Kalas doesn't have one, as has been pointed out, he's been around a while.

Sometimes something triggers a chant and you associate it with a player and it's quite a while after they joined (Flint, "flint said no" came from one of our last home games in the promotion season, he'd gone through a full resurgence and the fans loved his attitude - if you can call it that - re: other fans). I like that it's quite organice when a new chant comes through, especially when you can't get a Creedance Clear water revival song out of your head for a week because 500 city were singing it at Millwall.

I know none of the chants are original but at least it rarely feels forced, and it's not usually the same tune 95% of english football fans are singing at the time. The creativity, poetic license and fun City fans have with chants is one of the many reasons why away games are great if you can get to them.

Edited by Always Believesham
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Always Believesham said:

Will give it a go - prone to getting a few slightly wrong but I feel your frustration (particularly when a new one gets sung and you can't really follow no matter how catchy):

The logical song - Scooter: His name's Alex Scott and he is so wonderful, he get's the ball, he's magical, beautiful. When he runs down the wing he's as fast as lightening, it's frightening and he makes the City sing. Do do do do do do etc.

Chase the sun - aka "the darts theme" do do do do do do... Chris Martin

Do wah diddy - ends; he looks good, he looks fine, Chrissy Martin's on my mind and he's City's number 9 (assume instead of running past the German's [Harry Kane version] we sing "running past the Cardiff")

• Wells has a couple.

Give it up - KC & the sunshine band (?) (we used to sing it for Marvin Elliott), now it's Nahki Nahki Wells, Nahki Wells, Nahki Nahki Wells.

Haven't heard another I don't think (I have missed a lot more games than I'd like to have this year mind you)

• Semenyo has one.

Don't know the name of the tune but nearly all other fans seem to sing "we're the xx boys, making all the noise, everywhere we go", it's that one.

Viva Semenyo, Running down the wing, makes the City sing, viva Semenyo

• Bentley has one.

Can't believe it is Chaka Kahn but... Chaka Khan - Ain't no body, like Dan Bentley, makes me happy, makes me feel this way

• Baker had one.

Based on the old Tinman chant, if we are to sing this for Baker at some point, I'm sure it'll be sung a lot & someone will post it somewhere. I can't remember most of it.

• Obviously HNM has one.
  • Weiman has one. (done, above)

Also tend to sing "Weimann's on fire" every now and again (freed from desire)

• JD has one.

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough - lots of do do do'ing ... Jay Dasilva (I'm pretty sure the rest is just the words from the actual song)

• Conway has one.

Don't you want me baby - Tommy Conway Baby

Some blokes behind us at Wigan were singing: Land of 1000 Dances (one of many Blues Brothers' songs in the film) - Na nana na naa nana na na... Tommy Conway

no one joined in, could have been catchy.

• Rob Atkinson (had one for a short time last year, I thought it was class)

Heaven is a place on earth. Belinda Carlisle - Oh Lansdown do you know what he's worth, Rob Atkinson's the best on earth, a brick sh!thouse, is just what we need, taking City to the premier league.

Totally agree, although the length of time players stay around probably makes that less likely though. Sykes for example, I'm not going to put forward a suggestion but he puts in a shift every time he's out there and is absolutely done by the time he gets subbed off, chanting his name could give him an extra bit of fuel. Kalas doesn't have one, as has been pointed out, he's been around a while.

Sometimes something triggers a chant and you associate it with a player and it's quite a while after they joined (Flint, "flint said no" came from one of our last home games in the promotion season, he'd gone through a full resurgence and the fans loved his attitude - if you can call it that - re: other fans). I like that it's quite organice when a new chant comes through, especially when you can't get a Creedance Clear water revival song out of your head for a week because 500 city were singing it at Millwall.

I know none of the chants are original but at least it rarely feels forced, and it's not usually the same tune 95% of english football fans are singing at the time. The creativity, poetic license and fun City fans have with chants is one of the many reasons why away games are great if you can get to them.

Also from Ini Kamoze - hotstepper :)