IGNORED

Parking near London

W-S-M Seagull

Local news here (get London news on the outskirts) was suggesting not to bother driving, and advising that the trains will be extremely busy.

Westfield could be a decent option, or alternatively try park on my drive, may get lucky somewhere a bit closer, but won't be cheap.

Wembley retail park isn't bad for parking if you get there early (literally opposite the stadium), but I can't remember what the prices are like the longer you stay, and again, it's going to be heaving I would guess.

Good luck.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TomF said:

Osterley tube station isn't far off the M4, NCP car park next to station, then tube takes you right into heart of LDN. 

Brilliant. This is exactly what I was thinking of. Is it easy to get a space in the NCP? 

Usually when City play in the capital I park at Brentford Station but with it being a weekday I'm sure the spaces will be gone there. 

On 15/09/2022 at 12:03, W-S-M Seagull said:

Brilliant. This is exactly what I was thinking of. Is it easy to get a space in the NCP? 

Usually when City play in the capital I park at Brentford Station but with it being a weekday I'm sure the spaces will be gone there. 

This is where we always park when we stay in London for weekend , pretty cheap for London and very handy 10 mins off m4 and straight into London 

On 15/09/2022 at 12:07, TomF said:

Never had a problem with spaces used it for work in week and at weekends for City matches.  Just check the tube line is operating as last person I recommended it they went at weekend and got stuck on bus replacement!  Unlikely during week days thou as its still main line to Heathrow

Thank you so much Tom. 

I used it to go and see The Queen lay in state on Saturday and then again on Monday for the funeral. Perfect place to park. Much appreciated. 

On 21/09/2022 at 09:46, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes I was surprised by how easy it was. Would highly recommend it for anyone going to Central London. 

22 hours ago, TomF said:

Yes shhh its a secret! But yeah its really, really, useful. 

Yes a few of those stations are useful I mentioned Hounslow West but Central and East all have decent car parking adjacent, and the bust stops are right outside if required.

The only thing to watch, especially if you've had a good time in town, is that you don't get on the wrong train back and find yourself heading to Uxbridge. :)