IGNORED

U21s Swansea (H) 1pm

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Has Meerholz on the bench been involved before?

Yes, subbed on v Cardiff.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Looks like they'll set up like the first team with 3 at the back, wingbacks, two in Central midfield and one behind a front two. A fair few have stepped up from the u18s too. 

Are you there?  If it is indeed 3412, who is playing as the 1?

11 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We could well see Sam on the Bench v QPR this Saturday 

In normal circumstances you’d think a 2-goal salvo would be a good reason, but unless Conway, Weimann or Semenyo return from international duty “unfit” then I’m not sure there is a place for him.

5 goals in his last 3 for the u21s though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In normal circumstances you’d think a 2-goal salvo would be a good reason, but unless Conway, Weimann or Semenyo return from international duty “unfit” then I’m not sure there is a place for him.

5 goals in his last 3 for the u21s though.

I think you're right and he will have to wait his chance but he can't do much more than he's doing right now. 

I haven't seen Joe Porton live but from snippets of videos I have seen he looks technically gifted and neat and tidy in posession. If he, and others, continue their current rate of progression the future looks bright. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What was Porton like, the few bits and pieces I’ve seen, he looks technically good?

Was tidy on the ball but unfortunately got injured but can definitely play.

To be fair it was a good game and Swansea whilst having more of the ball didn’t really create too many chances.  Sam Bell took his chances brilliantly and looked very lively. I was keen to watch Joe Low for the first time & came away with mixed feelings.  He is certainly commanding & reads the game well as demonstrated by his clearance of the line.  In my opinion, he was lucky not to get sent off as booked for pretty much grappling their CF and then made an off the ball kick that brought one of their players down.  It seemed he didn’t quite trust his pace but he’s certainly no slouch & just seemed to want to get involved.  In fairness he managed the second half very well and looks a player.

Thought Kadji was our best player and is developing incredibly well from last season as seems fitter & quicker.  Shout out to Taylor-Clark who was also very good and can dig in and technically very good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

To be fair it was a good game and Swansea whilst having more of the ball didn’t really create too many chances.  Sam Bell took his chances brilliantly and looked very lively. I was keen to watch Joe Low for the first time & came away with mixed feelings.  He is certainly commanding & reads the game well as demonstrated by his clearance of the line.  In my opinion, he was lucky not to get sent off as booked for pretty much grappling their CF and then made an off the ball kick that brought one of their players down.  It seemed he didn’t quite trust his pace but he’s certainly no slouch & just seemed to want to get involved.  In fairness he managed the second half very well and looks a player.

Thought Kadji was our best player and is developing incredibly well from last season as seems fitter & quicker.  Shout out to Taylor-Clark who was also very good and can dig in and technically very good. 

How did Bajic do mate?

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Thanks Shuffs…from what’s been posted on here, he missed last season due to injury, so keen to see what he brings.

To be fair it was a good game and Swansea whilst having more of the ball didn’t really create too many chances.  Sam Bell took his chances brilliantly and looked very lively. I was keen to watch Joe Low for the first time & came away with mixed feelings.  He is certainly commanding & reads the game well as demonstrated by his clearance of the line.  In my opinion, he was lucky not to get sent off as booked for pretty much grappling their CF and then made an off the ball kick that brought one of their players down.  It seemed he didn’t quite trust his pace but he’s certainly no slouch & just seemed to want to get involved.

that’s the thing I’m really keen to see, how he deals with pace and / or has to chase back to his goal. Flint was pretty quick once he got his giraffe legs into a stride, but he never trusted himself if he got too tight and spun.  He always struggled against players like Che Adams (both quick and strong) and Hogan (good movement).

In fairness he managed the second half very well and looks a player.

That’s good.

Thought Kadji was our best player and is developing incredibly well from last season as seems fitter & quicker.

Brill, because I was hugely underwhelmed by him last season…albeit he was still v.young…but I didn’t see a first team debut this season if I’m being honest.  Another to develop quickly by being with the first team - rather than going on loan?

Shout out to Taylor-Clark who was also very good and can dig in and technically very good.

He did alright pre-season too…got a bit run-around by Tim Dieng in the Exeter game, but stuck at it.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Morrison still 16 according to Wyscout d.o.b….part of this year’s intake I think.  Love how we give the under-age players early exposure to u21s.

If they're good enough, they're old enough.

Used to be that the apprentices played in the Western League at 15/16/17.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

What a cracking goal yesterday.

The complete build up and finish is superb.

Kadji and keeper aware of the space. Drive forward, pass, one touch to Bell...step inside...boom. Fantastic goal.

I think that's much more what I was expecting from Kadji, on previous occasions I have watched him he seems more the cool, calm collective type not the dynamic type that Nigel prefers.

Palmer-Houlden's awareness for the flick is great too.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that's much more what I was expecting from Kadji, on previous occasions I have watched him he seems more the cool, calm collective type not the dynamic type that Nigel prefers.

Palmer-Houlden's awareness for the flick is great too.

We've got some great kids coming through. If they continue on the upward curve, then it'll be exciting times ahead...tbh...it already is watching them develop.

I'm really liking the new Keeper. 

I can see Low making a few appearances for the first team this year also.

On a side note...I was hoping to go yesterday, had a ticket, but didn't bother as there was no parking at HPC or QEH. Only buses from Gate. I didn't have time for that.

Is there any other parking within walking distance of HPC available?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

We've got some great kids coming through. If they continue on the upward curve, then it'll be exciting times ahead...tbh...it already is watching them develop.

I'm really liking the new Keeper. 

I can see Low making a few appearances for the first team this year also.

On a side note...I was hoping to go yesterday, had a ticket, but didn't bother as there was no parking at HPC or QEH. Only buses from Gate. I didn't have time for that.

Is there any other parking within walking distance of HPC available?

I was the same mate, I ain't going from portishead to the gate to get to failand and then the same on the way home! 

• Like 1