IGNORED

Fao any legal people

Rob k

I recently got a parking fine (which was my fault) as i used an app and was on autopilot and paid £10 for my car (which was at home) and not the one we were in which was my wifes. 
i emailed Dorset CC and explained what I’d done with proof of both the cars i own and that it had just been a genuine mistake buy i had paid for a parking spot.
They have said that basically it’s tough, and that pay and display tickets are non transferable so cough up, which i will Tomorrow 

Now it’s pissed me off as it’s a genuine mistake rather than forgetting to pay etc, the question i have is, do i have any grounds to get the £10 back that i paid, for the car that never entered that car park? 

ps - i understand that this is petty but **** em

On 28/09/2022 at 23:00, Rob k said:

I recently got a parking fine (which was my fault) as i used an app and was on autopilot and paid £10 for my car (which was at home) and not the one we were in which was my wifes. 
i emailed Dorset CC and explained what I’d done with proof of both the cars i own and that it had just been a genuine mistake buy i had paid for a parking spot.
They have said that basically it’s tough, and that pay and display tickets are non transferable so cough up, which i will Tomorrow 

Now it’s pissed me off as it’s a genuine mistake rather than forgetting to pay etc, the question i have is, do i have any grounds to get the £10 back that i paid, for the car that never entered that car park? 

I had a similar thing in Bristol a couple of months ago. I used the car park by the Thekla when going to the Hole in the Wall for my wife's leaving work drinks. Anyway, paid on the app but ended up being there longer than intended. The app sent me an imminent expiry warning message, but somehow in going back in to pay, I managed to pay for the car park by the Portwall Tavern. I was fuming when I got back to my car and saw the ticket, but realised my error in the morning.

I wrote to the council, using some screenshots from the app and said, if the wanted to fine me I understood, but I wanted the payment back for the car park I didn't use. They came back after a month or so and waived the fine, as they could see that I had tried to pay in good faith.

I guess it's down to the individual council.

Edited by Port Said Red

I would let it go all the way to the TEC and let them decide, I know i may ultimately cost a bit more but Dorset CC may cave in before it gets that far

Same thing happened to me near Tenby a few weeks ago. Had to pay the £25. Can’t be arsed to pursue the £5 as I was so pissed off when they said ‘tough’ that I had to make peace with it and move on!