IGNORED

Captain needed

Topper 123

I do like Dan Bentley BUT does anyone see the point of a keeper being Captain? 
we need leadership on the pitch someone to organise and draw the best out of players around him , I don’t see this in Dan , if we haven’t got the players that have the bollocks to lead then we are up against it 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

It's not so much a captain that's needed , but players acting less robotic unable to adapt to what's happening.

Worse even become even more emboldened leading to more errors. Many sports teams suffer from this; the inability to adjust to the situation.

It seems unfathomable that half the team weren't emploring naismith to simply hit the channels for the next 5/10 minutes while the right to play is earnt again.

Everyone seems to have bought into how the manager wants them to play , the effort is there , the will is there. But there is a wild difference between error in application and making that same error over and over.

Of course this might not be the fault of the players , perhaps they are told to play that way and win enough personal battles were all good.

But all the same, what I/we really need to start seeing is adjustments when the other team is on top. Earn the right to pkay , then do so.

Yesterday we tried to be expansive when QPR were on top from our errors ,they had that zip about them , then walked right into what they wanted us to do.

Playing out from the back is great , being wide and expansive is great. But unless you are a team consisting of the worlds greatest players , you kinda have to accept that it's not possible for every minute of every game.

Make the adjustments , or go all season needing 3 a game.

• Like 1

Never mind modern day bollox it’s still about winning and it’s about leaders people who lead by example your Roy keans or shaun Taylor’s of the world who would drive people on and expect nothing but 110% we lack the respect that should be shown to someone that wears the armband and has been chosen by his manager to do that job on the pitch , modern day football my ass , why name a captain if he doesn’t have a role then ?

This again? Really...

Said it before and seems like I need to again - If you think players on the pitch are going to ignore a shout from a player because they're not wearing an armband, you're a moron. If you think a player isn't going to give a shout to a teammate because he doesn't have an armband on, you're also a moron.

You can be a leader without an armband. It's symbolic. Get over it.

Edited by TBW
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Captain Morgan, Captain Birdseye, Captain Sensible, Captain Pugwash, (The) Captain & Tennille. All your Captain belong to us.

Captain Kirk ? Captain Morgan ? Captain Mark Phillips?

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1