IGNORED

Dr Jeckel Mr City.

pillred

why is it even during games such as today we started so well didn't score conceded then looked a completely different team? another example under at least three different managers we have had really good spells of form followed by long losing runs yes, I know this is the Championship before some smart ass reminds me, but we do seem to be more of a Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde side than most.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My view is that it has to be a mentality thing. We lack that ruthless edge to ensure that we are clinical with half chances presented our way. Then if a team punishes us for our own sloppiness, we seem to abandon our faith in the pass and move football and instead revert to panic-ball. After conceding, there were far too many first time passes struck yesterday without any degree of accuracy. Hit and hope football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

If 3 games is a "long losing run" then we might as well pack in.

Who said I was referring to the current results, I was talking about our tendency to have long spells of success followed by frequent spells when we go on LONG losing runs which we have done on numerous occasions in the last 5 years. 

42 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Missed the last few games because, life.

Reading around seems old habits die hard, or have we been sussed/or just knackered?

More sussed I think, I thought that on the way home from the game yesterday, teams know we try to play out from the back push up on us and force errors of which yesterday there were plenty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pillred said:

More sussed I think, I thought that on the way home from the game yesterday, teams know we try to play out from the back push up on us and force errors of which yesterday there were plenty.

This exactly. I commented yesterday to my mate that they had done their homework on us and were exploiting our weaknesses. (Casual at the back, always looking for the safe defensive pass, stopping and turning back, always throwing the ball backwards at our throw ins.) 

If I can see our weaknesses, then its open for all to see. I know the ball across the back line is supposed to draw the opposition in but were just not very good at it.

• Like 1