IGNORED

U21 vs Millwall - Early Team News…?

Silvio Dante

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sam Bell and Dylan Kadji not in U21 squad today. Suggests with first team tomorrow.

Certainly as options.

With Scott suspended & James still out, those 2 & Pring are presumably in contention for a place on the bench.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Certainly as options.

With Scott suspended & James still out, those 2 & Pring are presumably in contention for a place on the bench.

Guess we will find out tomorrow night whether Williams is at a point where he can play midweek too.

As it stands, only one player is definitely out of the 18, so Bell and Kadji, along with Pring are fighting for one bench place.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Guess we will find out tomorrow night whether Williams is at a point where he can play midweek too.

As it stands, only one player is definitely out of the 18, so Bell and Kadji, along with Pring are fighting for one bench place.

Poor as he was on Saturday, I’ll be very surprised if Williams doesn’t start tomorrow.

We have had a lot of time to build up his stamina during the international break, he hasn’t started a league game since August & he didn’t play the full 90 on Saturday.

Him & Massengo in centre mid, I expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Poor as he was on Saturday, I’ll be very surprised if Williams doesn’t start tomorrow.

We have had a lot of time to build up his stamina during the international break, he hasn’t started a league game since August & he didn’t play the full 90 on Saturday.

Him & Massengo in centre mid, I expect.

Depends whether the medical department think his hamstring can take two games in a week. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come on for King rather than starting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I did clock that. Yate play tomorrow IIRC so it’d be unusual for him to play for both the U21 and Yate on successive days. 

Can’t think he’s learning much with Beadleball.

I agree. Yate are a shambles at the moment. Both on and off it seems.

47 minutes ago, spudski said:

Prince Henry recalled from Yate?

Wouldn't be surprised.

loans don’t prevent you playing u21’s, a couple of years ago Morton went to Gillingham and Steve Evans wouldn’t play him so City just had him playing 21’s football instead, however being out on loan does allow you to play for their 21’s side. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

loans don’t prevent you playing u21’s, a couple of years ago Morton went to Gillingham and Steve Evans wouldn’t play him so City just had him playing 21’s football instead, however being out on loan does allow you to play for their 21’s side. 

Yep knew that - the unusual aspect here is Yate have a game tomorrow. Both myself and spud watch Yate and there are major issues there (which seem to stem from Beadles appointment) meaning I would not be shocked if city cancelled the loan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep knew that - the unusual aspect here is Yate have a game tomorrow. Both myself and spud watch Yate and there are major issues there (which seem to stem from Beadles appointment) meaning I would not be shocked if city cancelled the loan

They recalled Omar Taylor Clark back from there as wasn’t doing his football education any good.  Are they a route 1 team these days?

57 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

They recalled Omar Taylor Clark back from there as wasn’t doing his football education any good.  Are they a route 1 team these days?

Yep. Beadle had been playing Olly Mehew and Henry up front against rugged southern league centre halves and booting the ball up in contests they were never going to win.

After last season, hugely depressing 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Is Cam Pring the new Simon Clist? Someone who gets better in everyone's minds the longer he spends away from the matchday squad.

I agree. Overrated.

Cant see Williams starting. Think they’ll go King, Massengo. Maybe even see Sykes in there as he played a bit in the middle last season.

• Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, Ian M said:

Is Cam Pring the new Simon Clist? Someone who gets better in everyone's minds the longer he spends away from the matchday squad.

Pring is a perfectly adequate match day 18 option for us. He proved that last season. Pearson obviously prefers Dasilva though.