IGNORED

tonights ref not done us or Coventry before

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Isn't it weird how teams doing well never seem to worry about the ref despite him treating them the same.

Do you think the refereeing decisions we've had for the last few months have been acceptable?

Though I guess that having to admit that we've been hard done by would detract from your agenda so I can see why you don't want to.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Do you think the refereeing decisions we've had for the last few months have been acceptable?

Though I guess that having to admit that we've been hard done by would detract from your agenda so I can see why you don't want to.

Yes we have been hard done by, as have all the other teams in the division. In fact we have also benefitted from bad decisions for teams we have played but those get ignored.  The more successful you are, the less you moan about refs. 

• Confused 2

Can't be too many refs that "haven't done us" before.

Welcome to Ashton Gate, James. I'm sure you're a great ref and a wonderful human being.

We hope you have a very long and successful refereeing career.. the career you deserve and it will be nice to see you reffing in the Prem soon.

All the best!

And apparently all the Cov fans think you're a manual manipulator.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Yes we have been hard done by, as have all the other teams in the division. In fact we have also benefitted from bad decisions for teams we have played but those get ignored.  The more successful you are, the less you moan about refs. 

Sorry but all I hear from Liverpool and Man U fans is moaning about refs and there aren’t anymore successful clubs in the English league.

43 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Sorry but all I hear from Liverpool and Man U fans is moaning about refs and there aren’t anymore successful clubs in the English league.

Well......not so sure about Man U?.........The only thing they have won in the last 10 years, is the highly prodigious Europa Cup....though i do get your general point?             

57 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Thought he was very good on the whole.

May have had a call to make on a penalty if Andi hadn't been offside when he went down in the first half.

So did I.

One of the better ones, don’t think Coventry are the most difficult side to ref, but was impressed.

59 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Thought he was very good on the whole.

May have had a call to make on a penalty if Andi hadn't been offside when he went down in the first half.

Definitely one of the better performances, even if not a difficult game to ref. Thought we should have had a corner near the end, but I think that he just didn’t see the deflection from his angle. And I wouldn’t have been entirely surprised if he’d given Williams a red so we have him to thank for that. 

14 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

And then not hold the cards in the air. Not sure Joe was booked anyway.

I'm 99.99999% sure he didn't show Williams the yellow card but NP in his post match press conference with Radio Bristol said he was out on Saturday now through suspension. 

Poor communication from the ref if he didn't, thankfully I've got my reasoning in to the OPTA guys about what happened. 

I'd also say that Atkinson can feel hard done by getting a 10th minute yellow; the analyst on the end of the phone to me tonight said Palmer committed six fouls and didn't even get talked to. Not to mention the ref missing that corner near the end....

Not the worst I've seen but far from acceptable with some of his work tonight. 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I'm 99.99999% sure he didn't show Williams the yellow card but NP in his post match press conference with Radio Bristol said he was out on Saturday now through suspension. 

Poor communication from the ref if he didn't, thankfully I've got my reasoning in to the OPTA guys about what happened. 

I'd also say that Atkinson can feel hard done by getting a 10th minute yellow; the analyst on the end of the phone to me tonight said Palmer committed six fouls and didn't even get talked to. Not to mention the ref missing that corner near the end....

Not the worst I've seen but far from acceptable with some of his work tonight. 

You saw exactly the same as me Martin in the press area. He didn't raise a yellow card to Joe.... 

• Like 1