IGNORED

Corners, Free Kicks & Throw Ins

Cardy

Set pieces in general - we are utterly abysmal at taking them, giving them away & defending them. If we can’t get these 3 most basic parts of our gameplay right then we are nothing more than lame sitting ducks most weeks.

Utterly embarrassing & very worrying performance this afternoon. Feel for the 2k fans who have wasted their time & money travelling up to watch that rubbish.

Edited by Cardy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

We are utterly abysmal at taking them, giving them away & defending them. If we can’t get these 3 most basic parts of our gameplay right then we are nothing more than lame sitting ducks most weeks.

Utterly embarrassing & very worrying performance this afternoon. Feel for the 2k fans who have wasted their time & money travelling up to watch that rubbish.

What about set pieces.? 

• Confused 1

Going to have to rely on little 3/4 game winning runs I feel this season. That bit of good form we went on papered over the massive cracks. Won’t be finishing any higher than 18th. Nige still not giving me confidence he’s the guy, had a chance to turn our fortunes around but it’s back to what it’s been since he walked in, utter shite. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Going to have to rely on little 3/4 game winning runs I feel this season. That bit of good form we went on papered over the massive cracks. Won’t be finishing any higher than 18th. Nige still not giving me confidence he’s the guy, had a chance to turn our fortunes around but it’s back to what it’s been since he walked in, utter shite. 

We are going to find out how ‘close knit’ this squad really is now because the confidence is only heading one way at the moment & we still look woefully short of leadership on the pitch with Naismith missing.

Just now, Cardy said:

We are going to find out how ‘close knit’ this squad really is now because the confidence is only heading one way at the moment & we still look woefully short of leadership on the pitch with Naismith missing.

Just hoping when Naismith and Kalas return things improve defensively. As much as I think Sykes has been good, we are too poor at the back to afford to play a more attacking wing back. Wilson or Tanner need to be playing now. Focus needs to be on the defence but that’s hardly a new problem… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Conceding a corner is like conceding a Penalty. First and second ball is a lost cause. If Bajic is box dominant I’d like to see him Wednesday. 

Someone said in the u21 games he comes for a lot.

I did some video of him when he signed….and he did come for everything, albeit is rash.

Having said that, I’ve akways said I’d rather have a keeper who comes for everything, because as defender, you know and can react accordingly.  It’s the ones that are indecisive that are the issue.

I haven’t really watched today’s goals back, but the third was too close to Bents for him not to claim it???

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Someone said in the u21 games he comes for a lot.

I did some video of him when he signed….and he did come for everything, albeit is rash.

Having said that, I’ve akways said I’d rather have a keeper who comes for everything, because as defender, you know and can react accordingly.  It’s the ones that are indecisive that are the issue.

I haven’t really watched today’s goals back, but the third was too close to Bents for him not to claim it???

I could only laugh at the replay of the third one. It was tapped in (with a BOOT as it had been allowed to drop) at first contact. Absolutely should’ve been dealt with, it was about two yards off the goal line as it came through. I was saying to my pops all game, Birmingham aren’t attacking well, it’s testament to our defence of set pieces we let them score three. 

We need Wednesday to come around real fast because that stunk today.

• Like 1