IGNORED

Enock Mwepu

GrahamC

24 year old midfielder that Brighton signed from an Austrian club in the summer for £20m, has had to retire with immediate effect today as a result of a heart issue.

Obviously tough for the lad but it does also highlight that whatever medical you do, there is always risk.

Absolutely no Idea how this will work with regards to compensation, for that sort of fee he must have been on a lengthy contract.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

24 year old midfielder that Brighton signed from an Austrian club in the summer for £20m, has had to retire with immediate effect today as a result of a heart issue.

Obviously tough for the lad but it does also highlight that whatever medical you do, there is always risk.

Absolutely no Idea how this will work with regards to compensation, for that sort of fee he must have been on a lengthy contract.

That's devastating. Thoughts with Mwepu and his family. Thanks for posting Graham.

• Like 1

When you read about poor Enock Mwepu having to retire from the game he loves, and having to give up the enjoyment   and the financial security he experienced doing something he had worked so hard to achieve..........it makes you realise how privileged footballers are to have the opportunity to enjoy a job that thousands would do anything to experience?

It then makes me even more angry and annoyed when you see some players not making the most of their talents and their chance to improve themselves, by not staying fit  and committed to a wonderful career, and instead squandering the talents they have been gifted,  by not working hard enough, and making the most of what talent they have been so fortunate to have?  Good Luck to you Enock in your future.

If it seems inappropriate then i apologise in advance, but it echoes with me even more, when i see 2,200 fans spend a fortune in commitment, travel and tickets, to then see certain individual  footballers not being bothered to do their job?   For I am certain Mr Mwepu would have given everything he  had to be out on a football pitch once more?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

When you read about poor Enock Mwepu having to retire from the game he loves, and having to give up the enjoyment   and the financial security he experienced doing something he had worked so hard to achieve..........it makes you realise how privileged footballers are to have the opportunity to enjoy a job that thousands would do anything to experience?

It then makes me even more angry and annoyed when you see some players not making the most of their talents and their chance to improve themselves, by not staying fit  and committed to a wonderful career, and instead squandering the talents they have been gifted,  by not working hard enough, and making the most of what talent they have been so fortunate to have?  Good Luck to you Enock in your future.

If it seems inappropriate then i apologise in advance, but it echoes with me even more, when i see 2,200 fans spend a fortune in commitment, travel and tickets, to then see certain individual  footballers not being bothered to do their job?   For I am certain Mr Mwepu would have given everything he  had to be out on a football pitch once more?

Meh. Can’t help the human condition. It is what it is. Down to the clubs not to award these types with contracts. 

Sad for Enock. Hopefully he finds peace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Meh. Can’t help the human condition. It is what it is. Down to the clubs not to award these types with contracts. 

Sad for Enock. Hopefully he finds peace.

Meh..........can't help the human condition?   What are you trying to express?..........Cos' I don't get it.

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Meh..........can't help the human condition?   What are you trying to express?..........Cos' I don't get it.

Football is a job. Some people love their job and put in maximum effort and some people do the opposite. Life. Human condition. No point getting upset about it. 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I see David Cotterill had his little say…and makes himself look a **** by not having a clue what hereditary means.  Wow, very sad, hope he gets the help he so obviously needs.

I assume DC’s inane connection to the COVID vaccine was posted on Twitter, although I don’t subscribe.

Did anything ever result from the investigation in to his mental health charity, where there was some ‘confusion’ about the accounts?

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I assume DC’s inane connection to the COVID vaccine was posted on Twitter, although I don’t subscribe.

Did anything ever result from the investigation in to his mental health charity, where there was some ‘confusion’ about the accounts?

Yes, Twitter or Instagram, not sure from the screenshots I saw.

I’m not aware of the investigation stuff.

He needs some help though.