IGNORED

Team for Preston

MrRedRobin

What are we all thinking for the team tomorrow?

Bentley, Tanner, Vyner, Klose, Atkinson, Pring, Williams, Scott, Weimann, Semenyo, Wells

My predicted team mixed with the team I would pick.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Bajic start.

Also, reckon Martin, Tanner, Pring, Klose, Williams could start

I don't see King playing again he has done well but will probably need a rest

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Posted this on the other thread 

image.thumb.png.a72447b5f6902518ca2fee6afb581366.png

Think both wing backs should consider themselves very fortunate if they do start, as Sykes has had a couple of indifferent games & Dasilva’s crossing has been really poor.

Would not be surprised if Tanner or Pring starts myself, but agree about Massengo (probably King & Kadji on the bench).

Up front is by far the toughest to predict, though based on the press conference it’s obvious Weimann will start.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think both wing backs should consider themselves very fortunate if they do start, as Sykes has had a couple of indifferent games & Dasilva’s crossing has been really poor.

Would not be surprised if Tanner or Pring starts myself, but agree about Massengo (probably King & Kadji on the bench).

Up front is by far the toughest to predict, though based on the press conference it’s obvious Weimann will start.

Agreed but think he will stick with the wing backs tomorrow…..I think we will go with Andi, Wells and Antoine up front…….Williams to come in for HNM

Edited by Loosey Boy

6 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed but think he will stick with the wing backs tomorrow…..I think we will go with Andi, Wells and Antoine up front…….Williams to come in for HNM

Up front that was my initial reaction, let’s face it, Wells has scored 5 in our last 7 games & Semenyo apparently looked good on Saturday after coming on, but NP specifically said he felt these 2 didn’t work close enough to each other v Coventry, so who knows?

Certainly Pearson’s point at the press conference today that all the strikers could feel hard done by if not picked whereas elsewhere (he obviously meant the defence) our lack of options saw the same ones getting numerous opportunities, was spot on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I totally agree.  If it were me I’d go Tanner and Pring tomorrow…more physicality all over the pitch for me, even if that means we play more pragmatically….just think the two WBs just have enough credit for Nige.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I have just read on another thread on this forum - I have forgotten which one, otherwise I would have quoted it - that ‘Williams has just had/is going to have an operation’.

Now, have I imagined it, or am I mistaken and it was somebody else?

I have just scrolled back, and it was Wilson!

Apologies.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have just read on another thread on this forum - I have forgotten which one, otherwise I would have quoted it - that ‘Williams has just had/is going to have an operation’.

Now, have I imagined it, or am I mistaken and it was somebody else?

Kane Wilson has just undergone an op so I think it's probably him you're thinking of. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Kane Wilson has just undergone an op so I think it's probably him you're thinking of. 

Indeed.

I scrolled back, and realised my mistake.

So, do we see Tanner get a rare start?

He is a right back by trade, performed OK when he came on last Saturday, so is perhaps worthy of a chance, rather than trying again to shoehorn in Sykes, who, with the best will in the world, is not a defender. 

• Like 1

I'd go:

Bajic

Sykes         Vyner          Klose       Atkinson       Pring

Scott               Williams

Weimann

Semenyo                   Conway

Assuming no surprise returns from injury, which is a fairly safe assumption. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

Sykes confidence looks to have disappeared since the red card incident against Luton. However I think he will keep his place. 

I think Pring may get a chance tonight as he gave a good account of himself against Birmingham. 

Bentley might be on his last strike, It sounds like Nige is very impressed with Bajic. 

Williams and Scott in midfield. 

Weimann will play to try to regain some form. 

Semenyo and Wells would be my guess up front.