IGNORED

Semenyo

real_bristol

Before the game I heard some comments that he is useless against teams that sit back and thus should be dropped vs Preston, which I don't necessarily agree with. I thought he was able to find space though and gave them problems, especially in the 2nd half. He just needs a bit more composure in front of goal, which will come with more consistent game time and confidence as we saw last season. He is a joy to watch and I think his attributes point to a future starter in the Premier League, although he will need some time to adjust. His injury this summer while unfortunate has given him more time to develop at this level because were he healthy a big bid may have come in.

Edited by Champfan45

1 hour ago, Yoyo2345 said:

Semenyo was awful. Don't know what game you were watching, missed so many great opportunities to pass the ball. Wasted lots of possession. 

If you don't appreciate Antoine Semenyo......who has only just come back from injury.........then i feel sorry for you?. Might i suggest you go and watch Bristol Bears, because you quite assuredly  have no idea of how football should be played.....???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Interestingly, Palace has brought in at least one player from the Championship every season since they came back up. They seem to be able to incorporate them properly as well with the recent success of players like Olise and Eze. If Semenyo does go it probably shouldn't be to a Forest or Bournemouth as they will likely not stay up long enough for him to accumulate big bonuses or earn a big transfer fee percentage for us. Palace or West Ham seem to fit the bill, I could also see him having success in a high pressing system like Southampton or Leeds. I honestly feel like he would stand a decent chance of displacing Bamford or Che Adams even.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, real_bristol said:

A little surprised he hasn’t got his own thread after Tuesday’s game, so thought I’d start one.

Thought he was excellent, whether it was a tactical decision or not he was pressing well for most if not all of the game. Was a real handful against the best defence in the league. The cunning Cunningham could not deal with him which was enjoyable to watch. If I had to pick faults it would be that he spends a little too much time on the ball and takes a player on rather than pass, but I wouldn’t want to discourage him from taking them on. At times yesterday Preston looked shit scared of him, and again, every time he picked up the ball I thought something was going to happen. He’s a joy to watch this lad and dare I say it, ol’ Tony is almost back to his best. 

I thought he didn't do anything Tuesday !

Wednesday night however ...........

• Haha 2

For me on Wednesday night he had a poor 1st half, much improved 2nd.  Yes undoubtedly a great talent and has all the attributes you need and some.  Not 100% AS yet.  I said to my Nephew, if he was 100 those defenders would of been ragged dolled 1st half.  A game or 2 more and he’ll be back to his best.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, real_bristol said:

A little surprised he hasn’t got his own thread after Tuesday’s game, so thought I’d start one.

Thought he was excellent, whether it was a tactical decision or not he was pressing well for most if not all of the game. Was a real handful against the best defence in the league. The cunning Cunningham could not deal with him which was enjoyable to watch. If I had to pick faults it would be that he spends a little too much time on the ball and takes a player on rather than pass, but I wouldn’t want to discourage him from taking them on. At times yesterday Preston looked shit scared of him, and again, every time he picked up the ball I thought something was going to happen. He’s a joy to watch this lad and dare I say it, ol’ Tony is almost back to his best. 

Clearly he is a total hand full with a great shot in both feet. I hope our coaches can help him to close down without getting so many fouls awarded against him and improve his first touch when the ball is played to him with his back to goal. Sounds picky but with a bit of polishing he could be prem quality easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

For me on Wednesday night he had a poor 1st half, much improved 2nd.  Yes undoubtedly a great talent and has all the attributes you need and some.  Not 100% AS yet.  I said to my Nephew, if he was 100 those defenders would of been ragged dolled 1st half.  A game or 2 more and he’ll be back to his best.

Agreed, nowhere near peak Semenyo, but did improve as the game went on. 

3 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Exactly as I see it.

Another game or two and a goal or two and he'll be ripping the opposition a new one on a regular basis - any opposition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Hopefully he can fire us in to the top 6 before the World Cup because if he is not signing a new deal he will be off in January as we must make the maximum profit