IGNORED

CRAZY!

pillred

10 hours ago, pillred said:

unbelievably Bournemouth could go into the top six if they win their next game with an -11 goal difference, reminds me of the time we finished 4th with a zero difference a season is not only defined on your last couple of games so remember that next time we have a bad run. 

I was looking at some anomalies after Wednesday, Preston being still above us despite only scoring 8 goals in 14 matches, only Coventry in our league have scored so few and they have only had 10 games 

Gillingham in League 2 have only scored 4 goals all season and yet they aren't bottom and have actually won 2 games somehow.  

• Like 1

I think it shows that people can put too much emphasis on terrible results. (I remember us losing 6-0 at Ipswich in that season we finished fourth). 

Over a 5 game period, three scrappy one-nils, a nil-nil and a nine-nil defeat would "feel" terrible. Everyone would feel we weren't playing well, we were about to get found out and the football was dire. 

Meanwhile two five-nil wins and three unlucky one goal defeats would "feel" a lot better as we'd all think we were playing well but were unlucky. But the first scenario gets you four more points than the second.

So what does this prove? I honestly have no idea. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think it shows that people can put too much emphasis on terrible results. (I remember us losing 6-0 at Ipswich in that season we finished fourth). 

Over a 5 game period, three scrappy one-nils, a nil-nil and a nine-nil defeat would "feel" terrible. Everyone would feel we weren't playing well, we were about to get found out and the football was dire. 

Meanwhile two five-nil wins and three unlucky one goal defeats would "feel" a lot better as we'd all think we were playing well but were unlucky. But the first scenario gets you four more points than the second.

So what does this prove? I honestly have no idea. 

Basically, what it means is as Swindon found to their cost leagues are not won in November, but after today's result leagues are not lost either but my God they are testing my patience as far as optimism is concerned as to the way the season will ultimately pan out.  

• Like 1